Sabah Nawaz is a special counsel in the Capital Markets Group in Cadwalader's London office.
Sabah has acted on a wide range of cross-border structured finance, debt capital markets, refinancing and restructuring transactions.
Before joining Cadwalader, Sabah was with a Magic Circle firm for ten years. She was also seconded to the transaction execution desk in the securitisation team of an investment bank, focusing on asset-backed and whole business securitisations.
Sabah is admitted to practice in England and Wales.
Sabah's representative experience includes:
- advising banks, funds and originators on the compliance of securitisations with risk retention requirements associated with the acquisition financing of UK and Dutch residential mortgage loan portfolios, the establishment of origination platforms and the subsequent refinancing of such transactions through RMBS;
- acting for borrowers and banks on real estate backed transactions such as the establishment of a UK private CMBS, a UK shopping centre public CMBS and a German multifamily public CMBS (and in respect of the latter, advising the seller in respect of the sale of its real estate portfolio and the associated prepayment of the CMBS debt);
- advising banks on student loans, auto loan and credit card securitisations;
- advising on European CLOs;
- advising UK, Russian, Scandinavian and UAE issuers on liability management exercises (consent solicitations and tender offers);
- advising a London Stock Exchange listed company on its debt for equity swap as part of the Group’s overall restructuring;
- advising financial institutions on restructurings in the aftermath of the credit crisis; and
- advising the banks on the structural amendments and related tap issue in respect of a whole business securitisation.