Bevis Metcalfe is a partner in Cadwalader’s Financial Restructuring Group and Private Credit Group based in London. Bevis is a well-known practitioner in the London finance and restructuring markets with a practice spanning all aspects of corporate credit, restructurings, complex cross-border insolvencies, and distressed M&A.
Bevis has advised clients on numerous significant Financial Restructuring and Finance matters, including the representation* of:
- Bounty Brands in its restructuring in South Africa, Poland, Malta and the UK;
- The security agent and creditors in the Debenhams administration appointment and subsequent CVA challenge;
- The first lien lenders to Petra Diamonds Limited in its financial restructuring and scheme of arrangement;
- The security agent in the Galapagos group bank/bond restructuring;
- Aapico Hitech Plc on the restructuring of its interest in a UK, U.S. and Indian joint venture;
- A U.S. credit fund in the financial restructuring of a UK gaming business;
- Bain Capital in connection with Edcon Holdings' 2014 exchange offer and 2016 financial restructuring;
- A major creditor of Bartec in connection with Bartec's financial restructuring;
- The ad hoc committee of Senior Unsecured Noteholders of Towergate Insurance in connection with its financial restructuring; and
- The largest second lien creditor in the financial restructuring of the APCOA Group, named “European Restructuring of the Year” by IFLR Europe in 2015.
- Barclays as global coordinator and lead manager in connection with Inspired Gaming’s offering of £235m senior secured notes due 2026;
- KKR Credit and Partners Group on the second lien financing of Nordic Capital’s successful EUR1.1bn bid for Alloheim;
- J.P. Morgan in connection with various margin lending facilities;
- Goldman Sachs in connection with various leveraged and asset-backed credit facilities;
- Ares Management in connection with the unitranche financing of Parkingeye;
- Ares Management in connection with the financing of IK Partners’ acquisition of Visolit;
- An international multi-strategy asset manager in connection with facilities made available to the Steinhoff group;
- Unilode Aviation Solutions, a portfolio company of Basalt Infrastructure Partners, on all aspects of its bank facilities;
- BNP Paribas Asset Management, SCOR Investment Partners and BAE Systems Pension Fund on ib vogt’s multi-asset renewables holdco financing; and
- AMP Capital on a number of infrastructure debt investments.
*Certain representations occurred prior to Bevis's association with Cadwalader.