Cadwalader has been recognized in the 11th edition of The Best Lawyers in the United Kingdom, with a number of London-based lawyers featured as leaders in their categories.
The following partners are recognized by The Best Lawyers in the United Kingdom:
- Mark Beardsworth (Criminal Practice) focuses his practice on the defense of serious fraud and criminal matters, and has been involved in prosecutions brought by the Serious Fraud Office, the Financial Conduct Authority, HM Revenue and Customs and the Financial Reporting Council.
- Suzanne Bell (Capital Markets Law and Securitization Law) advises leading financial institutions and corporations in connection with a wide range of domestic, European and International structured finance and capital markets transactions. Her experience includes structuring and documenting commercial paper conduits, structured investment vehicles, and public and private securitizations.
- Adam Blakemore (Tax Law) advises on the taxation aspects of structuring domestic and cross-border corporate and financing transactions, including securitizations, repackagings, credit linked instruments, stock lending arrangements and a variety of financial products.
- Richard Nevins (Insolvency & Restructuring Law) has advised both debtors and creditors on numerous significant transactions over the past two decades. He focuses on complex financial restructurings, special situation and high yield financings and refinancings, and public and private company M&A transactions.
- Gregory Petrick (Insolvency & Restructuring Law) is chair of the firm’s Financial Restructuring Group and managing partner of the London office. He represents debtors, official unsecured creditors’ committees, secured lenders, state regulators and trustees in complex, cross-border corporate reorganizations.
- David Quirolo (Securitization Law) focuses primarily on CLOs, securitization and repackaging transactions involving various asset types in the United States and Europe, representing banks, arrangers and asset managers in a variety of structured finance transactions.
- Nick Shiren (Securitization Law) focuses on a broad range of capital markets and financing transactions, with a focus on structured finance. In particular, he has extensive experience in derivative products, structured credit transactions and securitization transactions.
- Daniel Tobias (Asset Finance Law) specializes in securitization, with a focus on CLOs. He has represented arrangers, collateral managers and warehouse finance providers in connection with a variety of European CLO 2.0 transactions and loan warehouse facilities.
- Joanna Valentine (Corporate Law) advises domestic and international clients in a broad range of complex corporate transactions across diverse sectors. She specializes in mergers and acquisitions, including private equity transactions of all types, acquisitions and divestitures, majority, minority and consortium investments, joint ventures and shareholder arrangements, as well as other corporate finance transactions and corporate governance advice.
In addition, the following attorneys are recognized in the inaugural edition of Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in the United Kingdom:
- Alex Collins (Capital Markets Law) focuses on structured finance, with an emphasis on CLOs. He represents arrangers, asset managers and warehouse finance providers in connection with a variety of European CLO 2.0 transactions and warehouse facilities.
- Emma Gallagher (Securitization Law) acts on a wide range of debt capital markets and cross border structured finance transactions.
- Charlotte Glaser (Criminal Practice) advises clients involved in multijurisdictional bribery and corruption, complex fraud and money laundering investigations commenced by a number of enforcement agencies.
- Jack Andrew Kelly (Investment Funds and Private Equity) advises sponsors and investment managers in respect of the structuring, formation and promotion of investment funds across a wide range of asset classes including real estate, private equity, emerging markets, infrastructure, renewable energy and agribusiness.
- Livia Li (Real Estate Finance) acts for both lenders and borrowers on numerous real estate finance transactions, and focuses on hotel financings, portfolio property financings, development financings and acquisition financings of commercial real estate.
- Simon Walsh (International Arbitration, Litigation, Privacy and Data Protection Law) focuses on high value international commercial arbitration and complex cross-border litigation and has acted for clients in the telecom, private equity, financial, maritime, offshore, power and aviation sectors.
Inclusion in Best Lawyers is based entirely on peer review. The methodology is designed to capture the consensus opinion of leading lawyers about the professional abilities of their colleagues within the same geographical region and legal practice area.