Joanna Valentine is Special Counsel in the Corporate Group at Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP.
Her practice involves advising domestic and international clients in a broad range of complex corporate transactions across diverse sectors. She specialises in mergers and acquisitions, including private equity transactions of all types, acquisitions and divestitures, majority, minority and consortium investments, joint ventures and shareholder arrangements, as well as other corporate finance transactions and corporate governance advice. She practices both English and New York law.
Joanna received her B.A. in Jurisprudence from the University of Oxford, Certificat en Droit Français from the University of Paris (Pantheon-Assas) and a LL.M. in Corporate Law from New York University School of Law.
Recent experience include:
- Lightyear Capital as seller on disposition of Lloyds of London insurer and reinsurer Antares Holdings to Qatar Insurance Company following competitive auction process;
- EQT on sale of its portfolio company Dako, a Danish cancer diagnostics company, to Agilent Technologies for US$2.2 billion;
- Swedish telecoms provider Telia Company on multi-stage planned disposition of Eurasian assets in a complex set of transactions;
- U.S. public company SS&C as buyer on its US$95 million acquisition under English law of DST Systems’ worldwide Global Solutions business;
- Multi-investor complex joint acquisition and shareholder arrangements relating to private equity majority investment in Union Bank of Nigeria;
- Telecom Italia on its multi-step US$960 million disposition of its Argentinean operations;
- Tailwind Capital on UK bolt-on acquisition in the AV services and equipment supply sector;
- FolioDynamix, US wealth management technology provider, in its acquisition by Actua Corporation for approximately US$199 million;
- Strategic alliance arrangement between US and UK private equity investors Crestview and Aleph Capital to collaborate on European investments;
- Edwards Group Limited, a UK manufacturer of vacuum products, on its US$1.6 billion merger with a subsidiary of Atlas Copco AB;
- Citibank on the sale of several portfolios of loan assets including auto loan assets, non-performing real estate loans and multifamily and commercial real estate loans;
- Joint venture structure providing for collaboration on identification of and investment in state entity-related claims for US private equity client in Latin America;
- Chinese multinational investment holding company Tencent on its acquisition of a controlling stake in games-maker Miniclip;
- Brazil’s EBX Group on strategic investments by Mubadala Development Corporation;
- Goldman Sachs on equity financing for private company bidder acquiring US public company retailer in a multi-billion dollar acquisition; and
- Tele2 on the sale of its Russian telecoms business to VTB Group in a US$2.4 billion transaction.