Daniel Raglan is a partner in the Corporate Group at Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP.
He focuses on mergers and acquisitions, private equity and shareholder activism. Daniel also advises clients on complex transactions involving distressed companies and assets.
His clients include Elliott Management Corporation, Centerbridge Partners, D.E. Shaw & Co., CVC Capital Partners, Pershing Square Capital Management, Shanda Asset Management and Hudson Executive Capital.
In addition, he has a niche sports and celebrity endorsement practice, having advised Inglot Cosmetics in their collaboration with Jennifer Lopez, and the family of Caroline Wozniacki in a number of projects.
He received a M.A. from Oxford University, a LL.M. in Law from Columbia University School of Law, where he was a Harlan Fiske Stone scholar, and a B.A. in Jurisprudence from Oxford University.
Daniel has advised clients on numerous significant matters, including the representation of:
- Hudson Executive Capital in its proxy contest and related litigation with USA Technologies Inc. and its agreement to add eight new directors, including Hudson Executive founder Douglas Braunstein, to the company’s board
- Shareholders led by Vann Avedisian in their successful effort to add two directors to the board of Potbelly Corporation
- Hudson Executive Capital in connection with its investments in Cardtronics plc and Tivity Health, Inc.
- Corvex Management in connection with its investment in MGM Resorts International and successful effort to appoint an independent director to the company’s board
- D.E. Shaw & Co. in connection with its investment in Louisiana-Pacific Corporation
- Elliott Management Corporation in its majority equity investment in small business loan provider Channel Partners Capital
- Alcentra Capital Corporation in its response to an activist investor
- Ashford Hospitality Trust, Inc. in its approximately $1.27 billion unsolicited proposal to acquire FelCor Lodging Trust Incorporated
- ELEAD1ONE in its approximately $550 million sale to CDK Global, Inc.