Loyola University Chicago School of Law - J.D., magna cum laude
University of Illinois - B.A.
Angie Batterson has advised clients in complex leveraged financing transactions across a broad array of industries, including health care, telecommunications, media, manufacturing, and energy, for 20 years. She represents financial institutions, sponsors, issuers, and mezzanine providers in private debt financings, including in connection with secured and unsecured senior credit facilities, first lien/second lien credit facilities, unitranche facilities, and mezzanine financings. Angie also advises on intercreditor agreements and distressed debt financings, including debtorin-possession (DIP) financings, fund to fund loans, and senior housing loans.
She is a frequent speaker and has recently covered topics as unitranche, agreements among lenders in workouts, and the practical impact on recent revisions to Section 956 of the Internal Revenue Code.. Angie is the past chair of the State Bar of Georgia UCC Committee and has extensive experience in all areas of assetbased lending, with respect to both domestic and cross-border transactions. She is also very active in women's initiatives within the New York finance community.
- Advised GoEngineer, a leading provider of 3D design and additive manufacturing solution, in connection with its recapitalization with Court Square Capital Partners.
- Represented Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company in connection with a $900 million NAV-based senior secured loan agreement to a secondary private equity fund, the proceeds of which will be used to fund the purchase of limited partner interests and capital calls.
- Advising Centre Lane Partners, LLC portfolio company Luminex Home Decor & Fragrance Holding Corporation in the business combination with GP Global Limited and Global Consumer Acquisition Corp. (GACQ), a publicly-traded special purpose acquisition company.
- Advised Centre Lane Partners, LLC with respect to certain equity and financing matters related to the acquisition by its portfolio company Zenfolio of Format, a major websitebuilding platform and marketplace based in Toronto, Canada, used by professional photographers and artists worldwide.
- Represented Webster Bank, N.A., as administrative agent, in connection with a $40 million credit agreement, consisting of a $10 million revolving credit facility and $30 million term loan facility, provided to Great Kitchens Food Company.
- Represented Webster Bank, N.A. as administrative agent, lender, and letter of credit issuer, in connection with a new credit agreement with Allergy & ENT Associates Management LLC, a Texas limited liability company and the owner of a network of surgery, allergy, and ENT centers in the United States.
- Represented Webster Bank, N.A. as administrative agent, lender, and letter of credit issuer, in connection with its credit agreement with Anasazi Medical Payment Solutions, Inc. d/b/a Advanced Medical Pricing Solutions, an Arizona corporation and the owner of a network of providers of healthcare cost management services in the United States.
- Advised Arsenal Capital Partners in the acquisition by portfolio company, Seal For Life Industries, of the Canusa-CPS and Dhatec businesses from Shawcor.
- Represented Webster Bank, N.A., as agent for all lenders, collateral agent, lender, and letter of credit issuer, in connection with a new $17 million credit agreement with U.S. Urology Partners, LLC, the owner of a network of urology practices in the United States, which was used to fund a portion of the borrower's acquisition of a new urology practice and the assets of a urology practice.
- Represented Webster Bank, N.A., as administrative agent, collateral agent, lender, and letter of credit issuer, in connection with a new $28 million credit agreement with MyOrthos Holdings, LLC, owner of a network of orthodontic practices in the United States, which was used to fund a portion of the borrower's acquisition of a new orthodontic practice.
- Represented Range Media Partners, LLC (f/k/a 3M Media Company, LLC) and its founders in connection with the seed financing round of the company, which will operate a talent management and media company business.
- Advised The Wright Group in the sale of Shadin, L.P., d/b/a Shadin Avionics, a global leader in aviation electronics (avionic) integration and data management solutions, to Gardner Standard LLC.
- Advised Arsenal Capital Partners ("ACP") on the four acquisitions by portfolio company Seal for Life of Flame Control Coatings, Highland International, LifeLast, and US Coatings, manufacturers of protective coating technologies.
- Advised Arsenal Capital Partners on the $328 million acquisition of Seal for Life Industries from Berry Global Group Inc.
- Representing a group of lenders holding approximately $1 billion of secured term loans issued by Monitronics International, Inc., which, together with its affiliates, filed partially prepackaged chapter 11 cases in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Texas on June 30, 2019.
- Advised senior creditors holding in excess of $7.4 billion in iHeartCommunications, Inc.'s prepetition indebtedness in connection with all aspects of the restructuring of iHeart's debt in a chapter 11 proceeding in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Texas, including the negotiation and issuance of an approximately $3.5 billion senior secured exit term loan credit facility for iHeartCommunications, Inc. that was distributed to creditors under the plan.
- Advised EagleTree Capital in its acquisition of a majority interest in and financing of Gaylord Chemical Company, LLC, a specialty chemical producer.
- Advised The Riverside Company on the simultaneous acquisition of four businesses resulting in the formation of the Netwatch Global Group.
*Certain representations occurred prior to Angela's association with Cadwalader.