Cadwalader offers integrated legal services to a wide variety of market participants in all matters related to the insurance and reinsurance industry, including many of the world's leading financial institutions and some of the largest life and P&C insurance and reinsurance companies, as well as financial guarantee, mortgage, health, and managed care insurers and reinsurers, and insurance and reinsurance intermediaries.
Among our clients are ACA, AIG, Alico, Allianz Risk Transfer Group, Allstate, Ambac, Aon, Assured Guaranty, Barcap, Barclays Life, BNP Paribas, CIFG, CIGNA, Converium, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, FGIC, FM Global, FSA, Goldman Sachs, Guy Carpenter, Hanover Insurance Group, Inscap, Jefferson National, Manulife, MBIA, MetLife, Merrill Lynch, Morgan Stanley, Munich Re, Prudential, Swiss Re, Transamerica, Travelers Insurance, UBS, XL Capital (Syncora), and Zurich.
- Apax Partners in its $1.7 billion acquisition of AssuredPartners, a leading insurance brokerage firm, from GTCR
- AXIS Capital in its announced $11 billion all-stock “merger of equals” with PartnerRe to create a global insurer and reinsurer, and in its subsequent defense of the transaction from a hostile suitor
- C.V. Starr & Co. in the formation of Starr Global Accident & Health Agency, LLC
- CVC Capital as a founding investor in Fidelis Insurance Holdings Limited, a newly formed Bermuda-based specialty insurance company
- Deutsche Bank Securities Inc. as financial advisor to New York Life Insurance Company in the sale of its insurance operations in Hong Kong and South Korea to ACE Limited and its insurance joint venture in Thailand to Siam Commercial Bank Public Company Limited
- Endurance Specialty Holdings Ltd. in its unsolicited $3.2 billion proposal to acquire Aspen Insurance Holdings Limited and related proxy contest
- Hamilton Insurance Group, Ltd. and Two Sigma in Hamilton’s acquisition of S.A.C. Re, Ltd., as well as its initial formation and capitalization
- Lightyear Capital as seller on disposition of Lloyds of London insurer and reinsurer Antares Holdings to Qatar Insurance Company following competitive auction process
- Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company in its $400 million acquisition of the retirement plans business of The Hartford Financial Services Group, Inc. (named 2012 “Deal of the Year” at the 20th Annual Mutual Fund Industry Awards)
- Sompo International in its acquisition of the operating subsidiaries of Lexon Surety Group LLC, the second largest independent surety insurer in the U.S.
- Stone Point Capital in its formation, with XL Group, of a new Bermuda-based company to act as an investment manager in insurance-linked securities and other reinsurance capital markets products
- Towers Watson in its acquisitions of Acclaris, Extend Health and Liazon Corporation and the sale of its reinsurance brokerage business to JLT
- UBS Investment Bank and Goldman, Sachs & Co. as financial advisors to Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company in its $2.4 billion acquisition of the remaining minority stake in Nationwide Financial Services, Inc. that it did not already own
*Note: certain representations occurred prior to specific attorneys’ association with Cadwalader.