Diversity Awards & Recognition
Cadwalader has received numerous awards and honors for the success of its diversity and inclusion efforts, including:
- Cadwalader has earned Category Honors in the Bonuses and Billing category of the Yale Law Women's 2016 Family Friendly Firm Report.
- Cadwalader received a perfect 100 percent score on the Human Rights Campaign 2016 Corporate Equality Index (CEI) and was designated as a Best Place to Work for LGBT Equality for a fourth consecutive year.
- Cadwalader has been awarded a place on Yale Law Women’s 2015 Top Ten Family Friendly Firms List.
- The firm received the Diversity Law Firm of the Year award from ACQ5, a London-based M&A magazine news site.
- Cadwalader has been shortlisted for the Chamber’s Women in Law Awards, USA 2015 for the Most Pioneering Gender Diversity Initiative.
- Kathy Chin has been recognized as a 2015 Diversity & Inclusion Champion by the New York City Bar Association.
- Cheryl Barnes, a partner in the firm’s Washington, D.C., office, has been named among the Most Influential Black Lawyers in 2015 by Savoy magazine.
- The firm was selected to the New York Law Journal “Diversity Initiative 2015,” which recognizes law firms and legal organizations for their commitment to creating a diverse legal community.
- The firm was named among the “Top Corporate Allies for Diversity” in 2014 by Difference Matters Magazine. The awards recognize organizations for their steadfast and pioneering commitment to and support of employees.
- Cadwalader achieved a perfect score of 100 on the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equality Index for 2014. As a result, the firm is recognized by HRC as one of “America’s Best Places to Work for LGBT Equality.” This is the second consecutive year that the firm has received the HRC honor.
- Cadwalader was named Advocate Law Firm of the Year for 2013 by the American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee (ADC).
- The firm was shortlisted for several Euromoney Legal Media Group 2013 Americas Women in Business Law Awards, including Best Gender Diversity Initiative by an International Firm, Best International Firm for Women in Business Law, and Best International Firm for Pro Bono Work categories.
- MultiCultural Law Magazine, for the fourth consecutive year, named Cadwalader one of the top 100 law firms in the country for diversity in 2012.
- Cadwalader was recognized for its commitment to the advancement of women in the legal profession at the Euromoney Legal Media Group/IFLR Americas Women in Business Law Awards 2012, taking home the award for "Best in Gender Diversity by an International Firm" for the Cadwalader's Women's Leadership Initiative, adjustable work schedule and flex time support programs, and commitment to pro bono advocacy for women. Cadwalader was also shortlisted for Work-Life Balance: Adjustable Work Schedule/Flex-Time Support Program; Best International Firm for Women in Business Law; and Best in Structured Finance: Anna Glick.
- Cadwalader took home the award for "Most Innovative International Firm" for the Women's Leadership Initiative program at the Euromoney Legal Media Group/IFLR European Women in Business Law Awards 2012.
- At the 2012 Chambers and Partners' Women in Law Awards, which honor female lawyers in the U.S., Cadwalader was shortlisted for the "Most Innovative Gender Diversity Initiative" while Anna Glick was shortlisted as "Finance Lawyer of the Year."