Diversity Awards & Recognition
Cadwalader has received numerous awards and honors for the success of its diversity and inclusion efforts, including:
- Cadwalader received a perfect 100 percent score on the Human Rights Campaign 2017 Corporate Equality Index (CEI) and was designated as a Best Place to Work for LGBT Equality for a fifth consecutive year.
- Cadwalader received the City & State New York Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Diversity Award in 2017.
- Cadwalader has earned Category Honors in the Bonuses and Billing category of the Yale Law Women's 2016 Family Friendly Firm Report.
- Cadwalader has been awarded a place on Yale Law Women’s 2015 Top Ten Family Friendly Firms List.
- The firm received the Diversity Law Firm of the Year award from ACQ5, a London-based M&A magazine news site.
- Cadwalader has been shortlisted for the Chamber’s Women in Law Awards, USA 2015 for the Most Pioneering Gender Diversity Initiative.
- Kathy Chin has been recognized as a 2015 Diversity & Inclusion Champion by the New York City Bar Association.
- Cheryl Barnes, a partner in the firm’s Washington, D.C., office, has been named among the Most Influential Black Lawyers in 2015 by Savoy magazine.
- The firm was selected to the New York Law Journal “Diversity Initiative 2015,” which recognizes law firms and legal organizations for their commitment to creating a diverse legal community.
- The firm was named among the “Top Corporate Allies for Diversity” in 2014 by Difference Matters Magazine. The awards recognize organizations for their steadfast and pioneering commitment to and support of employees.
- Cadwalader was named Advocate Law Firm of the Year for 2013 by the American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee (ADC).
- The firm was shortlisted for several Euromoney Legal Media Group 2013 Americas Women in Business Law Awards, including Best Gender Diversity Initiative by an International Firm, Best International Firm for Women in Business Law, and Best International Firm for Pro Bono Work categories.