Nathan Parker is a partner in the Finance Group in Cadwalader's London office.
Nathan has worked in the City for over a decade on a large range of financing transactions and has represented leading private equity sponsors, funds and their portfolio companies in connection with their financing of cross border leveraged buyouts, restructurings and holdco and other structured indebtedness.
He frequently works on new money investments and direct lending transactions in the restructuring and special situations context as well as fund financing transactions for both borrowers and lenders with clients that include Citibank, Bank of America, Wells Fargo, Raiffeisen Bank International, Hayfin, Apollo Management, Private Advisers, Hemen Investments Limited, CQS, Makuria Investments, Oaktree Capital, Park Square, Lodbrok Capital, Helios Investment Partners, Njord Partners.
Prior to joining Cadwalader, Nathan worked in the acquisition finance and fund finance practices in Debevoise & Plimpton's London office.
Nathan received his B.A. and LL.B. with honours from Monash University, Australia. He is admitted to practice in England and Wales.
Recent transactions include:
- Acted as adviser to cornerstone new money provider and co-ordinating counsel for new money investors on the initial private placement of US$880,000,000 senior secured notes by Seadrill Limited and the rescheduling of in excess of US$7 billion of senior secured facilities;
- Acted for a leading fund as lender in respect of a US$200 million holdco PIK facility to a private health and emergency services provider;
- Acted for a group of key new money lenders in respect of the structuring and implementation of the approximately €1 billion new money loans secured over a Mexican power plant and certain NASDAQ listed shares;
- Acted for the borrower in a £162.5 million real estate financing of a UK based hotel portfolio owned by Oaktree;
- Acting for lenders in connection with an aggregate of £30 million senior facilities in relation to the provision of financing to one of the UK’s largest providers of litigation funding;
- Acted for a private equity fund as lender to a multi-national retail chain in respect of the structured financing of its IP related assets;
- Acted for certain lenders in connection with the US$18.5 million holdco PIK facility implemented as part of the merger between Bridon and Bekaert;
- Acted for a leading fund in respect of its certain funds second lien financing to be provided as part of bid to purchase a German manufacturing business; and
- Acting for a leading fund in connection with a €30 million senior revolving facility in relation to the refinancing of a leading manufacturer in Germany of small arms products.