Mergers & Acquisitions
Harvard Law School - J.D., 1992
University of Cambridge - M. Phil, 1989, International Relations
Yale University - B.A., 1988, magna cum laude
Greg Patti represents clients in a wide variety of mergers and acquisitions, securities and corporate governance matters. Greg represents foreign and domestic entities in complex business transactions and counsels clients on negotiated acquisitions, divestitures and private equity transactions.
In addition to his transactional practice, Greg counsels clients on a broad range of business-related matters including securities law, directors’ duties and responsibilities and disclosure matters. Greg has represented public and private acquirors, targets and portfolio companies. He has advised clients on numerous significant matters, particularly in the life sciences and telecom industries.
Greg is a founder of the Shareholder Director Exchange (SDX™), a working group of leading independent directors and representatives from some of the largest and most influential long-term institutional investors. Advised by Cadwalader, the working group created the SDX Protocol as a template to assist U.S. public company boards and institutional investors in addressing corporate governance issues and facilitating direct engagement between institutional investors and boards of directors.
Greg received his J.D. from Harvard Law School, an M. Phil. in International Relations from the University of Cambridge, and a B.A., magna cum laude, from Yale University.
- Corindus Vascular Robotics in its $1.1 billion acquisition by Siemens Healthineers AG
- The Medicines Company in its agreement to sell its infectious disease business to Melinta Therapeutics, Inc. for $270 million and royalty payments on net sales of the pharmaceutical products sold to Melinta in the transaction
- The Medicines Company in its agreement to divest three of its marketed cardiovascular products and related assets to Chiesi Farmaceutici S.p.A. for up to $792 million
- The Medicines Company in connection with a Rule 144A offering of $402.5 million in aggregate principal amount of convertible senior notes due 2023
- The Medicines Company in connection with its Exchange Act filings
- Foresight Reserves, LP in the restructuring of its majority-owned subsidiary, Foresight Energy LP
- Foresight Reserves LP in connection with securities matters relating to its positions in publicly traded companies
- MedQuest, Inc. in the sale of 22 diagnostic imaging centers to Northside Hospital, Inc.
- Salix Pharmaceuticals, Ltd. in its $15.6 billion acquisition by Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc.
- Salix Pharmaceuticals, Ltd. in connection with securities filings relating to its 2015 restatement of financial results
- Élan Corporation in its $8.6 billion sale to Perrigo Company plc
- Élan Corporation in its successful defense of a $6.6 billion hostile tender offer by Royalty Pharma
- Élan Corporation in connection with a Rule 144A offering of $850 million in aggregate principal amount of senior notes
- Élan Corporation in connection with its Exchange Act filings
- Élan Corporation in the spinoff of its drug discovery business into a new, independent publicly traded corporation, Prothena Corporation plc
- United States Treasury Department in the restructuring of General Motors
- J.P. Morgan Capital Partners, LLC in the $440 million sale of its MQ Associates, Inc. medical diagnostic imaging business to Novant Health
- Sun Healthcare Group, Inc. in the $625 million acquisition of Harborside Healthcare Corporation from an affiliate of Investcorp
- Verizon Communications in the sale of its Latin American directories business to an affiliate of Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe
- Sun Healthcare Group, Inc. in the sale of its home health care business to AccentCare, Inc.
- Dynegy, Inc. in the $2.4 billion sale of its natural gas liquids business to an affiliate of Warburg Pincus
- Verizon Communications in the $1.5 billion sale of its Canadian directories business to an affiliate of Bain Capital
- Verizon Communications in the sale of the healthcare information technology business of its Verizon Information Technologies Inc. subsidiary to Infocrossing, Inc.
- Sun Healthcare Group, Inc. in the sale of its pharmacies business to Omnicare Inc.
- Verizon Communications in the sale if its BBNT Solutions subsidiary to an affiliate of General Catalyst Partners and Accel Partners
- Qwest Communications International Inc. in the $7.05 billion sale of its QwestDex directories business to an affiliate of The Carlyle Group and Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe
- Galyan’s Trading Company, Inc. in connection with its Exchange Act filings
- Galyan’s Trading Company Inc. in its initial public offering
- Verizon Communications in the $800 million sale of its TSI Telecommunication subsidiary to an affiliate of GTCR Golder Rauner
- GTE Corp. in the acquisition and sale of approximately $4.5 billion in cellular properties from and to Alltel Corporation
- Telecom Italia Mobile in the acquisition of a Venezuelan cellular company