David Teigman focuses his practice on executive compensation and benefit matters, principally in connection with mergers and acquisitions, securities offerings and senior executive employment relationships.
David regularly counsels public and private companies on compensatory and benefit arrangements, such as equity-based incentives, cash-based incentives and employment, change-in-control, retention, separation and consulting agreements. He also advises on corporate governance, tax law and securities law related to employment matters.
A frequent author, David has published the following articles:
- “Share Reserve and Other Limits in Public Company Equity Plans” (Practical Law)
- “Roadmap to Providing Appropriate Incentives to Employees When Your Company is Going to be Sold” (The M&A Lawyer)
- “Taxation of an Option Exercise When the Shares are Subject to a Substantial Risk of Forfeiture” (Practical Law)
David received his J.D., cum laude, from the University of Buffalo, where he was the Editor-in-Chief of the Buffalo Law Review and the Executive Editor of the Public Interest Law Journal, and his B.S. from Cornell University. David is admitted to practice in New York.
David's recent transactions and representations include:
- Monocle Acquisition Corporation in its pending $430 million merger with AerSale Corp.;
- Corindus Vascular Robotics in its $1.1 billion acquisition by Siemens Healthineers AG;
- Inteva Products in the sale of its roof systems design and assembly business to CIE Automotive;
- AngioDynamics, Inc. in the $167.5 million sale of its NAMIC® fluid management portfolio to Medline Industries, Inc.;
- Community Bank System, Inc. in its definitive agreement to acquire Steuben Trust Corporation, parent company of Steuben Trust Company, in a stock and cash transaction valued at approximately $106.8 million;
- Community Bank System, Inc. in its acquisition of Kinderhook Bank Corp., parent company of The National Union Bank of Kinderhook, in an all cash transaction valued at approximately $93.4 million;
- Sompo International in connection with its agreement to purchase the operating subsidiaries of Lexon Surety Group LLC;
- The Medicines Company in connection with its agreement to sell its infectious disease business to Melinta Therapeutics, Inc. for $270 million and royalty payments on net sales of the pharmaceutical products sold to Melinta in the transaction;
- New Mexico Health Connections in connection with the sale of its commercial health insurance business to Evolent Health, Inc.;
- fusionZone Automotive in connection with its majority recapitalization by Primus Capital;
- Pershing Square Capital Management in connection with its investment in Automatic Data Processing (ADP) and proxy contest seeking to elect three directors to the company’s board;
- Marcato Capital Management in connection with its investment in Deckers Outdoor Corporation and its proxy contest seeking to elect nine directors to the company’s board;
- Marcato Capital Management in connection with its successful proxy contest to elect three directors to the board of Buffalo Wild Wings;
- Mantle Ridge in connection with its investment in CSX Corporation and successful effort to install Hunter Harrison as the company’s CEO and to add five new directors to the company’s board;
- The Howard Hughes Corporation in connection with its $200 million Reg S/Rule 144A senior notes offering;
- Time Warner in its sale to AT&T;
- The Strategic Review Committee of the Board of Directors of Yahoo in the acquisition of Yahoo’s operating business by Verizon;
- DH Corporation in its $4.8 billion CAD sale to affiliates of Vista Equity Partners;
- KION Group in its $2.1. billion acquisition of Dematic; and
- The Fresh Market in its $1.36 billion sale to affiliates of Apollo.
*Note: certain representations occurred prior to David's association with Cadwalader.