Location: New York
Contact(s): Tracey Breslin
The Proofreading Coordinator organizes the workflow for Proofreading and Word Processing, provides training for Proofreaders, provides support to legal and administrative staff, contributes to the maintenance of tools and processes related to Proofreading and Word Processing operations and performs problem-solving for nonstandard Proofreading assignments.
- Clearly and succinctly communicate with personnel inside and outside the department about the status of work in Proofreading and Word Processing, including confirmation of receipt, clarification of instructions, updates on progress and completion.
- Monitor and organize the Proofreading and Word Processing workflow.
- Evaluate work requests and choose appropriate strategies for execution.
- Ensure personnel and resources are available to complete work requests.
- Assign work to Proofreaders and Word Processing Operators, monitor progress and review results.
- Test and analyze tools used by Proofreading and the firm in general as the tools change or are updated over time.
- Maintain material necessary for the efficient function of tools related to Proofreading including, but not limited to, documentation and evaluation reports.
- Develop and maintain documentation on best practices for work related to Proofreading.
- Train Proofreaders on best practice for Proofreading work at Cadwalader including firm-specific formatting or processes.
- Efficiently find solutions for nonstandard assignments by either applying experience, problem-solving, finding resources that can provide a solution or making space to complete the assignment directly.
- Proofread and blackline documents, including audio transcriptions or manual word-for-word comparisons, and compile reports using proofreading tools.
- File documents using document management system.
- Expert knowledge of Acrobat and Outlook.
- Highly skilled with legal formatting including tables of authority, tables of contents and familiar with the execution of same in Microsoft Word.
- Highly skilled in PDF functionality (including, especially, creation and markup).
- Familiarity with graphics such as financial tables and graphs.
- Flexibility with tools, especially with regard to new or changing tools and the application of tools to individual tasks.
- Comfortable working in electronic environments such as reviewing databases, evaluating software or doing general quality assurance.
- Experience working in a very busy center, collaborating with a team and providing support to an organization with diverse practices and administrative groups.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks under pressure.
- Great verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to self-organize.
- Sit for long periods of time.
- View computer screen for long periods of time.
EEOC: Cadwalader is an equal opportunity employer. We offer opportunities to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, or status in any group protected by federal, state or local law.Apply