Cadwalader Capital Markets special counsel Michael Ruder discussed climate change preparedness at CREFC Miami.
Michael's panel, "Climate Conscious Capital: Finding Greenium in CRE" took place on January 12.
- Where money is flowing into greening efforts and climate risk management in 2022
- How large CRE firms are structuring their “Net Zero by 2050” frameworks
- What regulations investors and issuers should focus on, and what climate pitfalls (like insurance costs) are looming around the corner
- What the top tier technology and data companies are doing to aid building sustainability and resiliency efforts
- What CREFC is doing in 2022 regarding reporting data and planning for SEC disclosure requirements
- Sairah Burki, Managing Director, Regulatory Affairs, CRE Finance Council
- Kevin Fagan, Head of CRE Analytics, Moody's Analytics and Chair of CREFC’s Sustainability Initiative
Other panelists included:
- John Huang, Director of Fixed Income Responsible Investing, Data and Technology, AllianceBernstein L.P.
- Jessica Long, Head of Sustainability, Americas, Nuveen Real Estate
- Kathleen Olin, Managing Director, Industry Initiatives, CRE Finance Council
- Jason Rozes, Partner, Dechert LLP
- Greg Smithies, Partner, Climate Technology, Fifth Wall