Jared Stanisci represents public and private corporations, domestic and international financial institutions and corporate directors involved in complex commercial and bankruptcy litigation matters. Jared has significant experience representing clients in class action, shareholder derivative and merger-related litigations, as well as complex contractual disputes involving structured products. He is also actively involved in pro bono work, and was recognized for his pro bono work by the New York State Bar Association in 2009.
Jared graduated from Yale University in 2001 and received his J.D. from Fordham University School of Law in 2008. Jared is admitted to practice in New York, and in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York.
Notable representations include:
- Salix Pharmaceuticals, Ltd. in connection with a securities fraud class action alleging that Salix engaged in a so-called "channel stuffing" scheme and misrepresented the inventory levels of its pharmaceutical products held at wholesalers.
- A monoline insurer in connection with its New York state court action for fraud and breach of contract against Residential Funding Company arising out of the insurer’s financial guaranty insurance policies issued for multi-billion dollar residential mortgage-backed securitizations sponsored by RFC; also represented monoline insurer in connection with the chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings filed by Residential Funding and its affiliates.
- Walkers Fund Services Limited and the outside directors of the Bear Stearns High Grade Structured Credit Strategies Funds in connection with multi-billion dollar litigations in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York, brought by the Cayman-based joint liquidators of the funds.
- A Chinese natural gas distributor in class actions alleging breach of fiduciary duty and aiding and abetting breach of fiduciary in connection with a transaction to take the company private.
- Élan Corp., an Irish pharmaceutical company, in its successful defense of a hostile tender offer from Royalty Pharma.
- One of Jos. A. Bank’s financial advisors in connection with litigation related to its multi-billion dollar sale to Men’s Wearhouse.
- An outside director of Fletcher Asset Management in connection with litigation brought by investor pension funds in Louisiana and a Fletcher affiliate’s Chapter 11 proceedings in New York.
- LyondellBasell Industries and certain of its affiliates with respect to litigation matters associated with its bankruptcy in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York.