Cadwalader has been recognized in the Legal Media Group’s Expert Guides 2020 Guide to the World's Leading Women in Business Law, with several of the firm’s women partners featured as leaders in their respective practice areas.
Cadwalader’s featured partners include:
- Dorothy Auth (Patents) is the chair of the firm’s Intellectual Property Group. She coordinates global intellectual property enforcement, licensing and procurement strategies for her clients to maximize their protected field, with experience that spans diverse industries, including biotechnology, pharmaceutical, FinTech and medical devices, as well as consumer products, computers, and other mechanical devices.
- Jodi Avergun (White Collar Crime) is the chair of the firm’s White Collar Defense and Investigations Group. She represents corporations and individuals in criminal and regulatory matters involving, among other things, the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, securities enforcement, health care, the Controlled Substances Act and general white collar matters. She also advises clients in the legal cannabis space, particularly as it relates to banking.
- Ingrid Bagby (Restructuring and Insolvency) focuses her practice on bankruptcy, restructuring and related litigation. She represents creditors and debtors in chapter 9 and chapter 11 proceedings and out-of-court restructurings. She also has extensive experience in complex cross-border restructurings, including acting for foreign representatives in proceedings under chapter 15 of the Bankruptcy Code.
- Suzanne Bell (Structured Finance and Securitization) advises leading financial institutions and corporations in connection with a wide range of domestic, European and international structured finance and capital markets transactions. Her experience includes structuring and documenting commercial paper conduits, structured investment vehicles, and public and private securitizations of a range of asset classes.
- Bonnie Neuman (Real Estate) focuses in the area of real estate finance, representing clients in domestic and cross-border transactions, including the origination of mortgage and mezzanine loans, syndication, loan servicing, non-performing loan securitizations, loan restructuring and bankruptcy-related matters. She advises clients, including global investment banks, national and international financial institutions, investors and servicers, in connection with the financing of commercial properties.
- Linda Swartz (Tax) is the chair of the firm’s Tax Group and a member of the firm's Management Committee. She advises corporations and financial institutions on global mergers and acquisitions, spin-offs, joint ventures, and restructurings, and on foreign tax planning strategies. She also regularly advises clients on fund structures, financings and derivative transactions. Linda has also been recognized in the Expert Guides: Best of the Best edition as a “Leading U.S. Tax Lawyer.”
The publication, which is part of the broader Expert Guides series, is an international guide to the top female legal practitioners advising on business law. The Expert Guides research process includes sending questionnaires to senior practitioners or in-house counsel across practice areas and within dozens of jurisdictions with the request to nominate leading practitioners based on their work and reputation. These results are analyzed, discussed and refined, in consultation with advisors in legal centers worldwide, to determine the final lists of featured attorneys.
Expert Guides is part of Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC.