NACUA 2019 Annual Conference
Cadwalader partner Anne Tompkins will be speaking on the "Best Communications Practices for the Worst Times: Public Relations/Media Communications Skills for Attorneys" panel at NACUA's 2019 annual conference in Denver.
Featured topics in this panel:
- Leading experts in institutional communications will focus on the legal-communications partnership in a crisis context and broadly applicable lessons in a range of communications strategies
- What are the characteristics of effective institutional communications with media or other interested parties (students, outside agencies, citizens, legislators)?
- Identifying, understanding, and achieving the institution’s goals in crisis response
- Counsel's involvement in proactively planning for and delivering responses on behalf of the institution
- Litigation concerns; seeking media relations consulting; effectively communicating in a crisis to institutional stakeholders, including your governing board