Cadwalader is proud to sponsor AFME & IMN's 21st Annual Global ABS, taking place on June 6 - 8, 2017, in Barcelona, Spain. The 2017 programme will closely examine the impact of major global regulatory initiatives and political developments, and how the securitisation market will adapt to these volatile times. Over 3,500 leaders in the global ABS market attend this event annually, making it the largest annual European structured finance gathering.
- Nick Shiren is moderating the panel on "Risk Retention as a Political Football: U.S. versus European Proposals" - Wednesday, June 7, 11.50 am, Track D
- Louisa Watt is giving the opening remarks on "NPLs Fast Track" - Thursday, June 8, 10.15 am, Track D
- Louisa Watt is moderating the panel on "NPLs Fast Track: Assessing the Most Active and Emerging NPL Hot Spots Across Europe" - Thursday, June 8, 10.30 am, Track D
- Jeremiah Wagner is moderating the panel "Securitisation and Marketplace Lending in Europe" - Thursday, June 8, 11.15 am, Track B
This year’s programme will feature the following key themes:
- Global Regulatory Watch: What It All Means, Where Are We in the Process, and Where Is It Headed?
- BREXIT, Populism, Political Change and Its Impact on UK & EU Financial Markets
- Examining the Future of the Eurozone Within Global Capital Markets
- The End of Quantitative Easing: What it Means for the ABS Market
- Where is Bank Lending Headed?
- Alternative Lending in Consumer, SME and Mortgage Finance
- The Role of Balance Sheet Synthetic Securitisations in Bank Capital Relief
- The Emerging Role of Private Equity in the Securitisation Market
- Risk Retention as a Political Football: U.S. versus European Proposals
- Ensuring Gender Equality in Structured Finance
- With specific focus on the following asset classes:
- RMBS and CMBS
- Marketplace Lending
- CLOs and Leveraged Loans
- Auto ABS
- Whole Business
- Trade Receivables
- US Esoterics including PACE, Solar ABS and Mobile Phone
- European Non-Performing Loans*
*New for 2017: Global ABS will feature a full day’s coverage on European NPLs, called the 'NPLs Fast Track', taking place on June 8, 2017. Based on the success of IMN's 1st Annual European and Italian NPL Investor Conference in Milan, Italy on 22 November 2016, they are including enhanced coverage on the NPL sector and investment opportunities across Europe.