7th Annual GAR Live Istanbul
Partner Melis Acuner will be speaking on the “International arbitration - bridging or entrenching divides?” panel at Global Arbitration Review's upcoming full-day event in Istanbul.
The panel will explore some of the day-to-day issues that arise for Turkish parties contracting internationally in today’s commercial arbitration landscape, including:
- Appointing arbitrators: the perspectives of civil law and common law parties and counsel.
- Evidence: Are the Prague Rules a real alternative to the IBA Rules?
- Arguing Turkish law claims in the English language.
- Common law (governing law) arbitrations in civil law seats.
- The impact of economic sanctions on international arbitration: how do institutions and arbitrators deal with them?
- The wave of regionalism in the international arbitration world. How do regional arbitration centres compare to the traditional institutions?