Pearl X. Yuan-Garg represents private equity sponsors, their portfolio companies, and public and private companies in large-cap and middle-market financing transactions, including acquisition and other leveraged financings and asset-based facilities.
Pearl also has significant experience in complex workouts, restructurings and credit card issuer/airlines co-branding transactions.
Pearl received her J.D. from Yale Law School, her M.S. in Finance from the Graduate School of the People's Bank of China (n/k/a PBC School of Finance, Tsinghua University), and her B.A. in English from Beijing Foreign Studies University. She is admitted in New York.
Pearl’s representations include:
- Apollo Global Management and its portfolio companies, including EP Energy, Hostess Brands, American Gaming Systems, Caelus Energy, and Pinnacle Operating Corporation, in various financing matters.
- General Atlantic in financing numerous acquisitions and investments, including CareCore National, CleaResults, Align Networks, Too Faced, General Information Services, ASHN and Landmark Health, among others.
- General Atlantic and Silver Lake in financing their joint acquisition of A Place For Mom (APFM), and APFM in financing its subsequent tack-on acquisitions.
- Spectrum Brands in financing numerous acquisitions, including its $2.6 billion acquisition of Russell Hobbs and its $1.4 billion acquisition of the Hardware & Home Improvement Group of Stanley Black & Decker, and in refinancing transactions.
- Sprouts Farmers Market in obtaining its $500 million revolving credit facility to replace its pre-IPO credit facilities and in the $700 million refinancing of its revolving credit facility in 2018.
- KPS Capital Partners in financing its acquisition of Anchor Glass Container and subsequent recapitalization transactions.
- Roark Capital Group in financing its acquisition of a majority stake in, and recapitalization of, Jimmy John’s.
- TPG Capital, Oaktree Capital Management and their co-investor in financing their acquisition of Taylor Whimpey's North American business, Taylor Morrison, and subsequent refinancing transactions.
- Senior secured lenders in two rounds of out-of-court restructuring of the capital structure of Marsico Capital Management and its affiliates, initially consisting of $1 billion senior secured credit facilities and $1.6 billion mezzanine debt.
*Several of the above representations were handled by Pearl prior to her joining Cadwalader.