Myles Brown is an associate in Cadwalader’s Global Litigation Group.
Myles assists clients in navigating and resolving complex commercial disputes. He advises clients on a wide range of contentious and regulatory issues and has extensive experience in financial services disputes, commercial contract disputes, shareholder disputes, insolvency disputes and investigations. He has advised clients in the energy, oil and gas, healthcare, mining, agribusiness, telecommunications and financial services sectors. Myles also has significant experience in class action proceedings, having acted for clients in representative actions in both Australia and the United Kingdom.
Myles’ experience includes advising:
- Royal Bank of Scotland on defending actions brought by shareholder and investor groups in connection with the bank's 2008 rights issue prior to its near collapse and the government bailout of the bank in October 2008.
- Lloyds Banking Group and its former directors on a shareholder claim arising from the acquisition of HBOS in 2008, alleging misstatement negligence and breach of fiduciary duties.
- A global investment funds management company in relation to a contractual dispute over the purchase of a coal seam gas business.
- Australia's largest dairy producer on a contested application for approval by the Australian Competition Tribunal to proceed with a hostile takeover bid for a competitor.
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia on defending actions brought by investors in forestry managed investment schemes alleging unconscionable conduct and misleading statements in a prospectus leading to the voidance of loan agreements.
- The liquidators of a large international electronic payments company in various aspects of the liquidation, including conducting a significant unfair preference claim against a telecommunications provider.