Matt Mazenier is an associate in the Leveraged Finance and Private Credit Group in Cadwalader’s London office.
Matt’s practice involves advising banks, private credit funds, corporate borrowers and financial sponsors on a variety of domestic and cross-border finance transactions, including syndicated and bilateral loans, acquisition financing and general corporate financing. His experience at prior firms also includes a seven-month secondment at Marlborough Partners, a leading pan-European debt advisory firm.
Clients have described Matt as “excellent at understanding all of the commercial drivers of a transaction” and a “delight to work with.”
Prior to joining Cadwalader, Matt was a senior associate at a global law firm in London, and also practised as a solicitor at a leading national law firm in Wellington, New Zealand.
Matt obtained a Bachelor of Laws (First Class Honours) and a Bachelor of Commerce (Marketing) from Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand. He is admitted to practice as a barrister and solicitor in New Zealand.
Matt’s representative experience includes:*
- Advising H.I.G. Capital in relation to the financing arrangements for its acquisition of the Aspire Pharma group.
- Advising EMK Capital in relation to the financing arrangements for its portfolio company, Outright Games.
- Advising Bain Capital in relation to the financing arrangements for its portfolio company, MKM Building Supplies.
- Acting for Bridgepoint Credit and CVC Capital Partners on the refinancing of Macquarie's acquisition of Wavenet.
- Advising APG in relation to the financing arrangements for Glaspoort, the fiber optics JV between APG and KPN (a leading Dutch landline and mobile telecommunications company).
- Advising Global Ports Holding PLC in relation to its strategic financing arrangements with Sixth Street Partners.
- Advising Goldman Sachs European Special Situations Group as lender in respect of a number of private credit transactions.
- Advising Novator Capital, a private alternative investment firm, on certain of its structured financing and investment arrangements.
- Advising a syndicate of banks led by Banco Santander, S.A. in relation to the financing of Naturgy's acquisition of a stake in Medgaz, S.A., the owner of a submarine natural gas pipeline between Algeria and Spain.
- Advising a syndicate of banks, led by Citibank and J.P. Morgan as coordinators, in relation to a USD1.25 billion multicurrency revolving credit facility provided to VEON Holdings B.V.
*Certain representations occurred prior to Matt's association with Cadwalader.