Cadwalader’s multidisciplinary Environmental, Social & Governance (“ESG”) Task Force includes members of our corporate, ERISA and employee benefits, finance, financial services, litigation, tax, and other practices. The goal of the Task Force is to help clients navigate the rapidly evolving ESG landscape in the U.S. and Europe, develop solutions to complex legal issues and structure and document cutting-edge transactions designed to meet key sustainability standards.
We advise clients, including financial institutions, asset managers, public and private companies and others, in connection with numerous ESG and sustainability matters, such as:
- Green bonds and loans;
- Sustainability-linked financings;
- Renewable energy financings;
- Sustainable investment strategy such as structuring ESG investment programs for private fund sponsors and institutional asset managers;
- Solutions for clients confronting enforcement concerns, implementing regulatory compliance programs or tackling issues that arise in ESG transactions; and
- Navigating a range of ESG issues in the public company corporate governance framework.
Members of our ESG Task Force are actively engaged with leading industry organizations, including the Commercial Real Estate Finance Council (CREFC) and the Structured Finance Association (SFA), in connection with the review and development of ESG disclosure standards.
For additional information regarding Cadwalader’s ESG Task Force, please email ESG@cwt.com.
- Cadwalader partner Neil Weidner moderates the "ESG for CLOs: Creating a Benchmark" panel at IMN's Virtual Investors' Conference on CLOs and Leveraged Loans (recorded May 26, 2021).