"Dedicated lawyers . . . praised for their response times, industry knowledge and depth of resources." – Legal 500
Our antitrust team provides strategic and practical support to our corporate colleagues to ensure a smooth merger clearance process for clients involved in mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures that require notification to relevant authorities.
Our attorneys have represented some of the world's largest companies as buyers and sellers, as well as numerous interested and concerned parties, and they regularly appear before the US and European authorities in connection with those transactions.
Their experience ranges from preparation of pre-merger notifications, including under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act 1976, the EU Merger Regulation and EU Member State legislation, to providing a one-stop shop for obtaining merger clearance in multiple jurisdictions worldwide, and drawing upon our close relationships with leading antitrust practitioners in other jurisdictions.
Our attorneys also have extensive experience assisting clients in US merger investigations with responses to ‘second requests’, subpoenas, civil investigative demands, and advocacy before the US authorities. That experience is mirrored in Europe, at an EU and EU Member State level, with the navigation of complex transactions through first and second-phase merger reviews.
Representative deals include:
- Anheuser-Busch / InBev: representing Anheuser-Busch in its $52 billion acquisition by InBev.
- AB-InBev / SABMiller: advising AB-InBev on compliance with the proposed Final Judgment entered into to receive clearance for AB-InBev’s $107 billion acquisition of SABMiller.
- Microsoft / LinkedIn: representing Microsoft in its $26.2 billion acquisition of LinkedIn.
- Microsoft / Skype: representing Microsoft in its $8.5 billion acquisition of Skype.
- Microsoft / Yahoo! search business: representing Microsoft in its acquisition of the Yahoo! search business.
- Deutsche Alternative Asset Management / Ermewa / Akiem: notifying the acquisition of a 50% stake in Akiem, active in leasing locomotives, to various competition authorities worldwide.
- Sompo International / Lexon Surety Group: representing Sompo International in its acquisition of Lexon Surety Group.