Cadwalader attorneys have been recognized in the Legal Media Group’s Expert Guides Women in Business Law 2021, with several of the firm’s women partners featured as leaders in their respective practice areas.
Cadwalader’s featured partners include:
- Dorothy Auth (Patents) is the chair of the firm’s Intellectual Property Group. She coordinates global intellectual property enforcement, licensing and procurement strategies for her clients in diverse industries, including biotechnology, pharmaceutical, and medical devices, as well as consumer products, computers, and financial services. Dorothy advises U.S. and international clients, including coordinating patent infringement trials and hearings between the U.S. and different European jurisdictions.
- Jodi Avergun (White Collar Crime) is the chair of the firm’s White Collar Defense and Investigations Group. She represents corporations and individuals in criminal and regulatory matters involving, among other things, the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, securities enforcement, DEA enforcement, anti-money laundering, and general white collar matters. She also advises clients in the legal cannabis space, particularly as it relates to banking. Jodi has also been recognized in the Expert Guides: Best of the Best USA edition for “White Collar Crime.”
- Ingrid Bagby (Restructuring and Insolvency) focuses her practice on bankruptcy, restructuring and related litigation. She represents creditors and debtors in both in-court and out-of-court restructurings. She also has extensive experience in complex cross-border restructurings, including acting for foreign representatives. Ingrid also regularly advises clients on bankruptcy issues involving complex derivatives and structured products.
- Suzanne Bell (Structured Finance and Securitization) advises leading financial institutions and corporations in connection with a wide range of domestic, European and international structured finance and capital markets transactions. Her experience includes structuring and documenting commercial paper conduits, structured investment vehicles, public and private securitizations of a range of asset classes and NAV funding facilities.
- Bonnie Neuman (Real Estate) is the head of the firm’s Real Estate Finance practice. Bonnie advises clients, including global investment banks, national and international financial institutions, investors and servicers, in connection with the financing of a wide range of commercial properties, ranging from single, trophy assets to multi-family assets, multi-use projects, and whole-company transactions, as well as transitional properties and development projects.
- Linda Swartz (Tax) is the chair of the firm’s Tax Group and a member of the firm's Management Committee. She advises corporations and financial institutions on global mergers and acquisitions, spin-offs, joint ventures, and restructurings, and on foreign tax planning strategies. She also regularly advises clients on fund structures, financings and derivative transactions. Linda has also been recognized in the Expert Guides: Best of the Best USA edition as a “Leading U.S. Tax Lawyer.”
The publication, which is part of the broader Expert Guides series, is an international guide to the top female legal practitioners advising on business law. For this Guide, more than 10,000 practitioners around the world were invited to nominate individuals, while the publication’s research team assessed the nominees’ expertise, technical knowledge, reputation, innovation and contribution to their practice area’s development.