Word Processing Coordinator
Location: New York
Contact(s): Tracey Breslin
The Word Processing Coordinator organizes the workflow for Word Processing and Proofreading, provides training for Word Processing Operators, provides support to legal and administrative staff, contributes to the maintenance of tools and processes related to Word Processing operations and performs troubleshooting and problem-solving for nonstandard Word Processing assignments.
· Clearly and succinctly communicate with personnel inside and outside the department about the status of work in Word Processing and Proofreading, including confirmation of receipt, clarification of instructions, updates on progress and completion.
· Monitor and organize the Word Processing and Proofreading workflow.
· Evaluate work requests and choose appropriate strategies for execution.
· Ensure personnel and resources are available to complete work requests.
· Assign work to Word Processing Operators and Proofreaders, monitor progress and review results.
· Test and analyze tools used by Word Processing specifically and the firm in general as the tools change or are updated over time.
· Maintain material necessary for the efficient function of tools related to Word Processing including, but not limited to, templates for Microsoft Office programs and documentation.
· Develop and maintain documentation on best practices for work related to Word Processing.
· Train Word Processing Operators on best practice for Word Processing work at Cadwalader including firm-specific formatting or processes.
· Efficiently find solutions for nonstandard assignments by either applying experience, problem-solving, finding resources that can provide a solution or making space to complete the assignment directly.
· Revise, format, proofread and blackline documents.
· Convert documents from various formats and reformat according to the firm’s standard format or match the format of a master document.
· Create styles, outline numbering, tables, tables of contents and tables of authority from scratch.
· File documents using document management system.
· Transcribe dictation from tapes.
· Expert knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Acrobat and Outlook.
· Highly skilled with Word styles and templates; legal formatting; tables of authority; tables of contents; PDF functionality (including, especially, creation and conversion); and financial tables and graphics.
· Familiarity with graphics software such a Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign is a plus.
· Flexibility with tools, especially with regard to new or changing tools and the application of tools to individual tasks.
· Comfortable working with the technology underlying documents and tools, such as HTML, XML or VBA.
· Experience working in a very busy center, collaborating with a team and providing support to an organization with diverse practices and administrative groups.
· Ability to juggle multiple tasks under pressure.
· Great verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to meet strict deadlines.
· Ability to self-organize.
· Sit for long periods of time.
· View computer screen for long periods of time.
Available Shift - Friday, Saturday, Sunday 8:00 pm to 8:00 am
To apply, please send resumes to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
EEOC: Cadwalader is an equal opportunity employer. We offer opportunities to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, or status in any group protected by federal, state or local law.