Accept All Cookies
Location: New York
Contact(s): Tracey Breslin
The Library Resources Manager is a hands-on position responsible for leading and overseeing the management and administration of firm-wide library services and research.
· Develop and maintain relationships with firm personnel, including legal and administrative leadership, practice group leaders, key personnel from individual attorney teams and members of the administrative staff, and work to organize a coherent strategy for library resources that works at all levels from firm-wide to individual.
· Provide strategic and operational direction for the management of library resources and technical services.
· Manage the library team which includes scheduling, recruiting, onboarding, training and managing performance.
· Develop training strategy and provide guidance to the library team on the creation and maintenance of homegrown library-related resources, including documentation, webpages, training programs, curated content, historical material or original content.
· Conduct outreach to attorneys and professional staff to gain feedback and monitor trends in usage of electronic resources, recommending potential opportunities for improvement or resource change.
· Manage login credentials for all electronic services, providing access for firm personnel and manages access within boundaries of license agreements and copyright restrictions.
· Work closely with the library team, attorneys, and firm leaders to promote availability of resources and product enhancements to derive value from investments and help users effectively utilize resources to service clients.
· Handle new attorney and staff orientations.
· Assist the team in responding to incoming library requests, and ensuring strong communication, timeliness, thoroughness and accuracy.
· Continuously assess resources to ensure they meet the business and practice needs of the firm.
· Proactively stay abreast of new products and services and lead demos and trials, resource evaluations, and products recommendations.
· Serve as liaison between library staff, users, IT staff, other administrative departments and vendors for inquiries and resolution of issues related to library resources and systems.
· Establish and maintain strong vendor relations and coordinate vendor-provided training.
· Collaborate with directors and managers to plan annual budget and monitor expenses.
· 5+ years’ of library experience, preferably within a law firm.
· Master’s Degree in Library Science or JD required.
· Experience managing teams across offices.
· Dynamic self-starter.
· Strong knowledge of library systems and workflows.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Ability to work independently and collaboratively within and across departments.
· Highly effective at managing and prioritizing multiple, time-sensitive projects.
· Experience with Microsoft Office, SharePoint, EOS and Bloomberg Terminal is strongly preferred.
The anticipated annual base salary range for this position is $160,000 to $180,000. The actual base salary offered will depend on a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the applicant, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and if applicable, the location from which the applicant will be performing the job.
EEOC: Cadwalader is an equal opportunity employer. We offer opportunities to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, or status in any group protected by federal, state or local law.Apply
It's your career. Make history at Cadwalader.