Location: New York
Contact(s): Tracey Breslin
The Junior Accountant is responsible for handling general Accounting/Finance functions at the firm.
- Maintain client activity, and coordinate client invoicing.
- Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded.
- Assist in the preparation of the firm’s financial information, including budgeting and forecasting.
- Perform additional ad hoc projects and analysis.
- Assist with the firm’s conversion to a new Accounting system.
- Ability to manage time and multitask effectively and display problem solving skills by developing methods or approaches for accomplishing tasks.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all financial matters exposed to during the course of performing job duties.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four year college/university (preferably in Accounting or Finance); minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organizational skills for prioritizing workload.
- Capacity to work in a team setting and perform tasks/projects independently.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Extensive knowledge of MS Office suite, including advanced Excel skills (vlookups, pivot tables, subtotaling, accessing external data sources etc.).
EEOC: Cadwalader is an equal opportunity employer. We offer opportunities to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, or status in any group protected by federal, state or local lawApply