Business Development Specialist
Location: New York
The Business Development Specialist (Specialist) will work closely with the Business Development Manager responsible for the practice group(s) s/he supports, as well as the broader Business Development team. The Specialist will provide support across all areas of business development and will be part of a strategic effort to grow the Firm's client base and build the Firm’s business.
- Working closely with the Business Development Manager, the Specialist will:
- Prepare client pitches and responses for requests for proposals (RFPs);
- Conduct research on current and prospective clients, industry and market trends, and competitor activity;
- Prepare company reports and profiles utilizing internal and external data sources;
- Track and maintain record of pitch activity and outcomes;
- Maintain and update practice group-specific marketing content;
- Prepare legal directory submissions, including Chambers, Legal 500 and IFLR1000;
- Work with the Communications team to identify and support profile-raising opportunities;
- Work with the Events team to plan and execute internal and external events, seminars, webinars and assist with sponsorship opportunities;
- Work with the CRM team to maintain and update practice group contacts and mailing lists; and
- Assist with the development and execution of various other business development initiatives and strategies in support of the practice group’s and the Firm’s business development efforts.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business Administration, liberal arts or related field desired;
- 5+ years of experience in business development within a law firm or professional services environment;
- Excellent analytical and research skills and the ability to synthesize actionable reports and business development strategies from a wide variety of data and sources;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong computer skills with the Microsoft Offices suite of programs;
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced business environment;
- Expected to monitor email outside of normal business hours and be available as needed; and
- Willingness to travel, if needed.
EEOC: Cadwalader is an equal opportunity employer. We offer opportunities to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, or status in any group protected by federal, state or local law.