Administrative Assistant/Legal Secretary
The Administrative Assistant/Legal Secretary will provide administrative support to a group of attorneys at the Firm. Responsibilities:
- Responsible for input of correspondence, memoranda, legal documents and forms utilizing MSWord
- Input attorney time entries into system
- Screen telephone calls, accurately recording and relaying telephone message
- Read, sort and prioritize incoming mail; ensure that outgoing mail is timely delivered.
- Establish and maintain calendar and deadline reminder systems; make appointments and travel arrangements
- Coordinate meetings
- Observe confidentiality of client matters
- Maintain department files.
- Operate standard office equipment including copiers and scanners.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Approximately 1-2 years of administrative experience.
- Strong organizational skills
- Flexible for overtime as needed
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to proofread typed material for grammatical, typographical and spelling errors
- Necessary interpersonal skills and superior command of English language in order to communicate and follow instruction effectively
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Viewing computer screen for several hours
- Filing documents which requires the ability to list files, bend and stand as necessary
EEOC: Cadwalader is an equal opportunity employer. We offer opportunities to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, or status in any group protected by federal, state or local law.