Pro Bono Recognition
- Cadwalader was named the recipient of the Washington Lawyers' Committee (WLC) Outstanding Achievement Award for representation of a District of Columbia parolee who had been erroneously miscategorized during the parole process. Under the auspices of the WLC DC Prisoners' Project, Cadwalader secured a favorable settlement that will serve as an important precedent for others to challenge the application of unduly restrictive parole conditions.
- Cadwalader was recognized for its outstanding pro bono commitment to The Legal Aid Society and its clients, being named to the 2011 Honor Roll. Also receiving honors for special service to The Legal Aid Society were litigators Peter Isajiw and Joshua Weiss who worked on the development of a Civil Practice electronic discovery training series.
- Cadwalader was honored by the Communitas Awards for excellence in community service and corporate social responsibility in recognition of two of the firm's longstanding pro bono programs: Working with Immigrants and the Not-for-Profit Incubator.
- Cadwalader attorneys were honored by the Access to Justice Program of the New York State Courts for their contributions to the New York City Family Court Legal Services Project.
- Special Counsel Francisco Linares was selected to receive the Legal Services of Southern Piedmont's 2010 Pro Bono Attorney of the Year Award, recognizing attorneys who have contributed a significant amount of time and energy towards pro bono work for the past year.
- Attorneys from Cadwalader served as mentors to James Madison High School students in Brooklyn, New York, at the 2010 New York State Mock Trial Tournament. The high school out-argued over 600 public and private schools competing in New York State to become the 2010 State Champions.
- Cadwalader honored as recipients of the Pro Bono Publico Awards for outstanding service to The Legal Aid Society and its clients.
- Cadwalader was named among the top companies by The Human Rights Campaign Foundation Corporate Equality Index, an in-depth analysis and rating of large U.S. employers and their policies and practices pertinent to gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender employees (GLBT), for the fifth consecutive year.
- Cadwalader attorneys were honored by Legal Services NYC for work with the organization, the largest organization exclusively devoted to providing free civil legal services to those in need in the United States.
- Cadwalader was a recipient of Junior Achievement of New York, Inc.'s Gold Philanthropic Award for significant contributions from the firm and its personnel.