Tawnee Harker is an associate in the Financial Restructuring Group in Cadwalader's London office. Tawnee focuses on debt restructuring and special situations financing. She has worked with a diverse range of clients including distressed investors, hedge funds, banks and bondholder committees.
Tawnee graduated from Newcastle University with an Upper Second Class Honours degree in Law and studied for the Legal Practice Course at BPP in London. Tawnee is admitted to practice in England & Wales.
Recent notable deals include:
- Acting for a group of senior debt/ cross holders in the refinancing of Spanish gaming company Codere SA’s senior facilities;
- Acting for the lead creditor in the restructuring of the German automotive business ATU;
- Acting for a fund ad hoc committee on the ongoing restructuring of Marme Inversiones, the Santander HQ propco through a Spanish law liquidation process;
- Acting for a syndicate of investment funds as lenders in secured non-convertible debentures used to refinance an Indian power company;
- Acting for lenders in various cross-border direct lending transactions, including for groups based in Germany, Luxembourg, Jersey, Finland, Switzerland, Portugal and Malta;
- Advising investors on the rescue or special situation financings of Abengoa SA, Pinnacle, Geoquip Marine, Solidal and Gruppo Boluda;
- Acted for Davidson Kempner on the acquisition of several non-performing loan portfolios relating to debt, equity and hedging assets from Lloyds Banking Group plc;
- Acted for two special situations funds on their combined bid to acquire JPMorgan’s Global Special Situations business;
- Advising distressed investors on a number of other confidential investments.