Location: New York
Contact(s): Tracey Breslin
Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP is one of the world's most prominent and growing law firms. Our clients include the world's premier financial institutions, Fortune 500 companies and other leading corporations, government entities, charitable and health care organizations, and private clients. Our attorneys have earned a reputation for crafting innovative business and financial solutions and developing precedent-setting legal strategies to achieve our clients' goals.
We have an immediate opening for a Financial Analyst. This role encompasses analyzing and summarizing financial data and reports, budgeting, forecasting and profitability and reports to the Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis.
- Assist with preparation of Client, Office and Practice Group profitability reports
- Revenue forecasting
- Assist with preparation of the firm’s annual operating budget
- Monthly budget vs. actual variance analysis
- Assist in the preparation of Practice Group business plans.
- Various ad hoc analyses
Skills and Experience:
- Superior Excel skills including Vlookups, pivot tables, macros, etc.
- Advanced PowerPoint presentation skills
- Knowledge of law firm (or similar professional services) business model, profit drives, KPI’s
- Strong analytic, organizational and problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment; anticipate requirements
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Bachelor degree required
- 2-3 years’ experience with financial planning and analysis in a professional services environment