Nathan Weaver is an associate in the Capital Markets Group in Cadwalader’s London office.
He has broad experience with domestic and international transactions in the area of structured finance across a range of asset classes, including auto loans and leases, consumer loans and trade receivables. He has also worked on a variety of general banking, real estate, project finance and leveraged finance matters. Nathan has spent six months on secondment to the legal department of Wells Fargo Bank in London.
Nathan, who speaks fluent English and French and advanced German, is admitted to practice in England and Wales.
- Represented and advised Santander Consumer Bank AS as seller and Santander Global Banking and Markets as arranger and joint lead manager in a €500m auto loan securitisation, Bilkreditt 3, which was the first securitisation to receive the Prime Collateralised Securities (PCS) Label. Further represented Santander Consumer Bank AS in subsequent Norwegian auto loan securitisations, Bilkreditt 4 and Bilkreditt 5.
- Acted for the purchaser of €481m senior notes issued by SCF Rahoituspalvelut Ltd, the underlying assets of which were auto loans originated by Santander Consumer Finance's Finnish subsidiary, Santander Consumer Finance Oy
- Acted for a European bank in a cross-border securitisation of trade receivables originated by a global agricultural products manufacturer
- Acted for the purchaser and managing agents of variable loan notes issued as part of the creation of a warehousing securitisation programme of a global car financing bank
- Advised a European bank on the acquisition of a portfolio of commercial loans and subsequent securitisation of the portfolio
- Acted for Macquarie Bank on a €28.5m loan to Sirius Real Estate Limited for the purposes of refinancing five real estate assets
- Advised Brookfield Property Partners LP on its acquisition of EZW Gazeley Limited, a developer of large scale logistics warehouses and distribution parks with locations across the UK, Western Europe and China
- Advised a large UK bank in relation to a term loan facility for the acquisition of a retail park and development in the north of England
Restructuring and Leveraged Finance
- Acted for the receivers of Golden Key Ltd (in receivership), a $1.6bn structured investment vehicle (SIV) on its restructuring
- Acted for the owners of a key infrastructure asset and its advisers on its refinancing and debt restructuring
- Represented the owners of a large UK hotel group in its refinancing
- Provided ongoing advice to the syndicate lenders to a large mining project in Mexico
- Advised a Chinese mining company on its investment in a Mauritanian mine including working with local counsel to advise on local law issues
- Advising a consortium of banks on a project bond issuance for the construction of a transmission line in Peru
- Represented a multi-national Brazilian fashion company in its proposed floatation on the BM&FBOVESPA
- Represented a multi-national Brazilian agricultural producer of sugar cane and ethanol in its proposed floatation on the BM&FBOVESPA