2016 Regulatory, Enforcement and Compliance Seminar
As government scrutiny escalates and enforcement activities intensify, both regulated and non-regulated companies must stay on top of trends, significant cases and compliance. Leaders in Cadwalader’s White Collar Defense & Investigations, Antitrust, Energy and Financial Services practices will explore the changing dynamics across industries.
This complimentary seminar will focus on several areas, including:
- manipulative and disruptive trading, including both criminal and civil enforcement actions, and insider trading law
- antitrust enforcement actions, merger review and civil and cartel investigations and other antitrust hot topics and regulatory observations
- considerations for conducting effective internal investigations
- recent government enforcement actions in the financial, energy, health care and pharmaceutical industries, as well as significant policy changes in the Department of Justice that impact the investigation and resolution of cases against both corporations and individuals.
Wednesday, January 27, 2016
2:00 p.m. Panel Discussions
5:00 p.m. Networking Reception
The Westin Charlotte
601 South College Street
Charlotte, NC 28202
Speakers will include:
- Jodi L. Avergun, Partner, White Collar Defense & Investigations Group, and former Chief of Staff of the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration, and Assistant U.S. Attorney in the Eastern District of New York.
- Joseph J. Bial, Partner, Antitrust group, Ph.D. in Economics, who focuses on grand jury investigations and follow-on civil class action lawsuits.
- Bret A. Campbell, Partner, White Collar Defense & Investigations Group, who focuses on internal corporate investigations and cross-border criminal and regulatory matters, often in proceedings before the DOJ and SEC.
- Andrew J. Forman, Partner, Antitrust Group, formerly worked for the FTC’s Bureau of Competition (Mergers I), where he helped lead antitrust investigations in large mergers and acquisitions.
- Mark R. Haskell, Partner, Energy & Commodities Group, with more than 30 years of experience advising clients on energy regulatory matters related to the FERC and CFTC.
- Paul J. Pantano, Jr., Head of Cadwalader’s Energy & Commodities Group, and former trial attorney in the Division of Enforcement of the CFTC.
- Charles F. (“Rick”) Rule, Head of Cadwalader’s Antitrust Group, co-chair of the firm’s Litigation Department, and former Assistant Attorney General in charge of the DOJ’s Antitrust Division.
- Anne M. Tompkins, Partner, White Collar Defense & Investigations Group, and former United States Attorney for the Western District of North Carolina (Charlotte).
- Kenneth L. Wainstein, Chair of the firm's White Collar Defense and Investigations Group, and former Homeland Security Advisor to President George W. Bush, and former Chief of Staff to Director Robert Mueller, Federal Bureau of Investigation.
CLE credit will be offered and accreditation is pending.
Please contact Jennifer Olson at email@example.com with any questions.