Nathan Spanheimer is a partner in the firm's Capital Markets Group. He represents investment banks and other institutional lenders and underwriters in secured commercial lending transactions (both syndicated and bilateral) and CLOs. Nathan has also represented both borrowers and lenders in leveraged finance credit facilities, bankruptcy exit facilities and hedge fund financings.
He received his J.D., with distinction, from The University of Iowa College of Law, and his B.S. in Economics from Duke University. Nathan is admitted to the North Carolina Bar.
Nathan’s significant transactions include:
- Representing a leading investment bank as underwriter’s and issuer’s counsel in a CLO where the entire senior tranche was structured as a convertible loan.
- Representing a leading investment bank as underwriter’s and issuer’s counsel in a CLO using an off-shore issuer taxable as a US partnership and a secondary off-shore issuer as a tax blocker for the remainder of the equity tranche.
- Representing a leading investment bank in a multi-currency loan facility secured by multi-national debt.
- Representing a leading investment bank as lender’s counsel in a multi-tranche loan facility secured by middle-market corporate debt.
- Representing a leading investment bank as lender’s counsel to provide financing for a start-up student loan lending platform.