Business Development Specialist
Location: New York
Contact(s): Tracey Breslin
With a reputation for innovation, Cadwalader is an international law firm with a strong presence in the United States and Europe, and over 225 years of experience in serving clients in the global financial services, investment management and corporate sectors.
The firm is currently seeking two Business Development Specialists.
As a Business Development Specialist at Cadwalader, you will be based in the New York office and work closely with the Business Development Manager, as well as the broader Business Development, Marketing and Communications Team, to provide global practice support across all areas of business development and marketing including client research, analysis and intelligence, and be a part of a strategic effort to grow the Firm's client base and build the Firm’s business.
Further, you will be expected to apply your business development experience as well as your organizational and communication skills while displaying a positive, high-energy attitude. For this role, knowledge and understanding of the New York business and legal market would be a bonus.
Working closely with the Business Development Manager, you will assist in the following areas:
- Global Practice Business Planning, Development and Execution: assist with the business development, budgeting and marketing planning, tracking and follow up process, ensuring that the Firm and our attorneys are focused on staying close to our key clients, deepening relationships, cross-selling Firm practices and products, identifying opportunities to pitch and win new business. An important focus will be helping to track the return on investment of our business development and marketing activities and helping to follow up on business development initiatives across the practice.
- Marketing and Communications: working with your manager and the wider marketing and communications team, assist with the execution of a marketing communications program for the practice, which may include thought leadership, educational client events and seminars, and engagement with the media, to help build the firm’s brand and reputation in key markets/sectors. The execution of the program will including helping to manage submissions for industry awards, directories and rankings.
- Practice Infrastructure: maintain consistent and updated practice and matter descriptions, experience lists, client contact lists, to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of services to the firm. Assist with maintaining a consistent catalogue of significant matter descriptions across core practice areas, stored in centralized location accessible to all marketing and BD team members. Help to review and maintain practice descriptions on the website and in pitch materials, flyers, firmwide recruiting materials, working with the communications team to ensure consistency and use of standard firm voice.
- Teamwork: contribute towards effective collaboration among the global business development, marketing and communications team, across offices and practice areas. A strong team commitment is important including working alongside both junior and senior members of the team and participating in regular team calls and training.
- Minimum four (4) years of professional work experience supporting business development or marketing initiatives at a peer law firm or professional services firm
- Excellent research and analytical skills; ability to synthesize data in a clear and concise manner
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Self-motivated, with superior organizational and project management skills, sound judgement and superior attention to detail
- Must possess a professional detail and ability to handle sensitive information and excel in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business administration, liberal arts or related field desired
- Willingness to work outside of normal business hours and on weekends as required
- Willingness to travel, if required