The Public Relations Coordinator plans, prepares and relays information concerning the firm to the press in support of the firm's brand. Develops and maintains lines of communication with media contacts and other external audience groups. Handles a broad range of public relations activities, such as firm announcements and special events. Supports an ongoing media relations program. Arranges press interviews and composes press releases. Orchestrates the publication of articles in professional and business journals.
- Writes and edits press and website announcements, including those related to breaking news on deals or cases, individual and firm awards, etc.
- Develops and maintains relationships with media contacts, particularly key vertical media (e.g. energy, funds, pharma, etc).
- Manages media monitoring process and produces daily “in the news” reports.
- Works closely with social media coordinator to open on-line communications with key press contacts.
- Supports creation and production of firm practice newsletters
- Develops story ideas/opportunities for press engagement.
- Prepares lawyers for interviews or speaking engagements with advance background materials and talking points and supports Director of Communications with in-person coaching.
- Assists department in preparing responses for surveys and award submissions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 3+ years of public relations experience at law firm or professional services firm or PR agency in support of professional services clients
- Strong analytic, organizational and problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment; anticipate requirements
- Exceptional communication and writing skills
- Four-year college degree
- Creative, highly motivated and detail-oriented
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel
- Availability/flexibility for overtime
EEOC: Cadwalader is an equal opportunity employer. We offer opportunities to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, or status in any group protected by federal, state or local law.