Managing Attorney Clerk
Location: New York
Contact(s): Tracey Breslin
Cadwalader is seeking a Managing Attorney Clerk to support Managing Attorney’s Office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Filing documents at all federal and state courts by hand or electronically.
- Assisting with monitoring the firm’s docket and calendar systems for all practice groups, including the maintenance of due dates.
- Participate in orientation and follow-up training of new attorneys.
- Review documents before service and filing for correct format, adherence to rules, signatures, required filing fees, number of copies for court/chambers, service issues, etc..
- Obtain certificates of good standing for new and practicing attorneys.
- Monitor cases in federal and state courts, as well as governmental and administrative agencies
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 2 + years’ experience in a Managing Attorney’s Office at law firm.
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail.
- Strong working knowledge of PACER/NextGen, CourtAlert, CPi, Bloomberg Law, Courtlink and the NYS Unified Court System.
- Knowledge of the CPLR, FRCP, FRAP, local court rules and procedures.
- General understanding of electronic case filing in Federal, State and Bankruptcy Courts.
- Bachelor’s Degree
EEOC: Cadwalader is an equal opportunity employer. We offer opportunities to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, or status in any group protected by federal, state or local law.Apply