Location: New York
Contact(s): Tracey Breslin
Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP is one of the world’s most prominent and growing law firms. Our clients include the world's premier financial institutions, Fortune 500 companies and other leading corporations, government entities, charitable and health care organizations, and private clients. Our attorneys have earned a reputation for crafting innovative business and financial solutions and developing precedent-setting legal strategies to achieve our clients’ goals.
Cadwalader is seeking a Managing Attorney to supervise the functions of the Office of the Managing Attorney.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Advise practicing attorneys on court procedures and filings.
- Delegate work assignments and supervise docketing clerks – set goals for the department and assess performance.
- Oversee the firm’s docket and calendar systems for all practice groups, including the maintenance of due dates.
- Advise and train practicing attorneys on newly instituted procedures.
- Participate in orientation and follow-up training of new attorneys.
- Review documents before service and filing for correct format, adherence to rules, signatures, required filing fees, number of copies for court/chambers, service issues, etc..
- When necessary, perform electronic filings.
- Obtain certificates of good standing for new and practicing attorneys.
- Assist with drafting and revising legal documents such as stipulations, notices of appearance or withdrawal and affidavits of service.
- Monitor cases in federal and state courts, as well as governmental and administrative agencies
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be an attorney with at least 8 years court/procedural experience.
- Previous experience as a Managing Attorney is strongly preferred.
- Strong communication and management skills.
- Must display a willingness to make decisions and provide strategic direction.
- Strong working knowledge of PACER/NextGen, CourtAlert, CPi, Bloomberg Law, Courtlink and the NYS Unified Court System.
- Strong working knowledge of the CPLR, FRCP, FRAP, local court rules and procedures.
- Thorough understanding of electronic case filing in Federal, State and Bankruptcy Courts.
EEOC: Cadwalader is an equal opportunity employer. We offer opportunities to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, or status in any group protected by federal, state or local law.Apply