Location: New York
Contact(s): Tracey Breslin
Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP is one of the world’s most prominent and growing law firms. Our clients include the world's premier financial institutions, funds, Fortune 500 companies and other leading corporations, and private clients. Our attorneys have earned a reputation for crafting innovative business and financial solutions and developing precedent-setting legal strategies to achieve our clients’ goals.
Cadwalader is seeking a Managing Attorney to supervise the functions of the Office of the Managing Attorney.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and execute risk management strategies to ensure compliance with all court procedures and filings
- Engage in collaborative knowledge management initiatives within the firm to enhance internal processes and procedures
- Assist with drafting and revising legal documents such as stipulations, notices of appearance or withdrawal and affidavits of service.
- Review documents before service and filing for correct format, adherence to rules, signatures, required filing fees, number of copies for court/chambers, service issues, etc..
- Monitor cases in federal and state courts, as well as governmental and administrative agencies
- Delegate work assignments and supervise managing clerks – set goals for the department and assess performance.
- Oversee the firm’s docket and calendar systems for all practice groups, including the maintenance of due dates.
- Advise and train practicing attorneys
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be an attorney with at least 8 years court/procedural experience.
- Previous experience as a Managing Attorney is strongly preferred.
- Strong communication and management skills
- Able to provide vision, solutions oriented approach and multi-dimensional problem solving
- Adaptable and flexible in a complex, changing environment
- Strong working knowledge of PACER/NextGen, CourtAlert, CPi, Bloomberg Law, Courtlink and the NYS Unified Court System,CPLR, FRCP, FRAP, local court rules and procedures.
- Thorough understanding of electronic case filing in Federal, State and Bankruptcy Courts.
EEOC: Cadwalader is an equal opportunity employer. We offer opportunities to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, or status in any group protected by federal, state or local law.Apply