Junior Graphic Designer
Location: New York
Contact(s): Tracey Breslin
Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP is a preeminent international law firm that provides prestigious financial institutions, corporations, funds and private clients with innovative solutions to key legal and financial issues. More than 350 attorneys serve clients from our offices in New York, Charlotte, Washington, D.C., Brussels and London, offering client’s superior legal advice and unparalleled service.
We are currently looking for a Junior Graphic Designer to join our Business Development, Marketing & Communications Department in the New York office.
The designer works under the direction of the Art Director to create, revise and produce internal and external firm communications for all five Cadwalader offices. The designer works closely with members of the Business Development, Marketing & Communications Department, other administrative departments and partners.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to work efficiently on multiple concurrent projects while maintaining high levels of thoroughness and accuracy, and will be able to communicate effectively with the Art Director to initiate, manage and complete projects.
- Developing print and digital design deliverables that adhere to the firm brand guidelines and/or established design parameters.
- Designing communication materials, including brochures, flyers, signage, banners, advertisements, invitations, logos, infographics, seminar materials, presentations and web graphics.
- Conducting photo/illustration research on Gettyimages.com platform and modifying images for use in print and digital materials.
- Cataloging attorney and administrative headshots.
- Maintaining relationships with attorneys, staff and vendors.
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in graphic design.
- 2-3 years of experience on an in-house creative services team (professional or legal services preferred).
- Expert knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and PowerPoint; practical knowledge of Microsoft Office suite; proficiency with both PC and MAC.
- Excellent print and layout skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize while working under tight deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Print supervision—broad and complete knowledge of offset and digital print/production techniques, and paper specifications.
- Project management—ability to identify resources and communicate with vendors to achieve desired results.
- Problem solving, flexibility and practicality are essential qualities for this position.
- Availability for overtime as needed.
- Strong understanding of typography, as demonstrated in portfolio.
- Required electronic portfolio or website link with application.
EEOC: Cadwalader is an equal opportunity employer. We offer opportunities to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, or status in any group protected by federal, state or local law.Apply