Location: New York
Contact(s): Marguerite Lawless
As one of the world's most prominent financial services law firms, Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP uses over 225 years of legal experience to serve its clients, which include financial institutions, funds, Fortune 500 companies and other leading corporations, and individual private clients.
We have an opening for a Financial Services Paralegal with a potential start date in February 2021. Our team works primarily with derivatives and structured products to meet the needs of investment banks, asset management firms and other financial institutions, analyzing economic information to create documents that provide the basis for our clients’ businesses. Our firm has been named “Law Firm of the Year” in Derivatives & Futures Law in the 2020 edition of the U.S. News & World Report/Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” rankings and recognized as “one of the best derivatives practices in the country, without a shadow of a doubt” by Chambers USA, making the paralegal position an ideal opportunity for someone with a keen interest in law or finance.
In particular, our paralegals enjoy a broad range of responsibilities including performing research, drafting documents, and assisting with the preparation and filing of transactional documents. Our workplace is fast-paced and team-oriented, providing an engaging environment on a daily basis. Further, our small group size allows for paralegals to function in a client-facing role and work closely with attorneys to deliver the highest caliber of legal representation to our clients. Consequently, our paralegals gain significant exposure to professionals in the fields of securities law, tax law, investment banking, securities trading, and asset management.
- Draft deal documents for clients by conducting market research and incorporating economic terms
- Communicate regularly with clients and other legal counsels regarding outstanding deals
- Handle the filing of deals with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- Maintain detailed records of client deal history and assume responsibility for crucial administrative duties relating to those records
- Bachelor’s degree from a four year college/university (preferably in Economics, Finance or other related fields); minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and an interest in financial markets
- Capacity to work in a team setting and perform tasks/projects independently
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and Outlook—knowledge of VBA and/or experience with Bloomberg Terminal or other programming languages is a plus but not required
- Availability/Flexibility to work a considerable amount of overtime and make an approximately 2-year commitment
- Interest in pursuing law school or a career in law/finance is a plus
To apply, please email Marguerite Lawless firstname.lastname@example.org a single PDF document containing the following materials:
- A resume
- A cover letter describing your interest in the position
- An unofficial undergraduate transcript
EEOC: Cadwalader is an equal opportunity employer. We offer opportunities to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, or status in any group protected by federal, state or local law.Apply