Senior E-billing and Rates Lead
Location: New York
Contact(s): Tracey Breslin
The Senior E-Billing and Rates Lead will be expected to transform our e-billing and rates processes in an effort to improve efficiencies around e-billing and rates management. Candidate should be a diligent, collaborative team player with experience in addressing e-billing compliance issues and who has experience training a billing group on the mechanics of e-billing and how to avoid rejections and ultimately write-downs. The ability to help guide, teach, lead, and train fellow employees is a requirement of this position. We need a proactive team player who is looking for a fantastic opportunity to make an impact.
· Collaborate with the billers to ensure e-bills are prepared accurately and in accordance with clients’ outside counsel guidelines.
· Work closely with the billing team to develop and streamline e-billing processes and procedures to increase efficiency, effectiveness and quality of e-billing operations.
· Handle electronic onboarding in the various e-billing platforms used by clients.
· Review and submit timekeeper rates (including annual increases and matriculation) and other critical data for e-billing clients prior to submission.
· Complete monthly rate maintenance for e-billing clients to identify new timekeepers; ensure rates are in compliance with the agreement between the Firm and its clients.
· Troubleshoot issues with Legal Electronic Data Exchange Standard (LEDES) formats and e-BillingHub configurations.
· Monitor status of invoices; identify all issues and work with billing staff to address rejections, client deductions and other issues.
· Assist in obtaining matter identification numbers from clients.
· Proactively seek and identify enhancements to, and maintain current documentation of existing practices.
· Provide additional support on ad hoc projects with deadline and month end billing overflow and year-end closing and reporting as required.
· Proactively develop and maintain positive working relations with attorneys, client personnel and Firm colleagues.
· Accurately, timely and comprehensively report to management on status of assigned objectives and responsibilities.
· Organized, proactive, innovative and attentive professional with excellent communication skills.
· A strong technical knowledge of billing/e-billing within the legal sector.
· Bachelor’s Degree.
· Advanced technological proficiencies, inclusive of Microsoft Windows, Excel and Word, etc.
· Elite and/or 3E preferred.
· At least 4 years of solid e-billing experience.
· Highly disciplined approach to developing and executing job responsibilities.
· Commitment to perform responsibilities in a highly professional and ethical manner.
EEOC: Cadwalader is an equal opportunity employer. We offer opportunities to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, or status in any group protected by federal, state or local lawApply