Contact(s): Karla Martin
The Billing Coordinator will be responsible for the administration of billing procedures, including analysis, coordination and resolution of billing issues, and ensuring appropriate communications with involved parties. This position will proactively monitor E-billing progress, participate in billing operations, including client implementations, deductions and system maintenance, ensuring the functions are running efficiently. The Billing Coordinator will report to the Billing Manager and will be an integral part of the billing team. This position requires heavy client and attorney contact. In addition to the above, some additional responsibilities include:
- Generate monthly WIP and A/R reports
- Meet with billing attorney(s) to discuss billing processes when requested.
- Maintenance of pre-bill notes, including critical information needed to prepare invoices as well as client specific information.
- Prepare invoices and e-bills according to attorney and client billing guidelines.
- Process edits of attorney’s time entries, including review time entries on pre-bills for compliance with clients’ regulations and requesting revisions of insufficient entries
- Coordinate with attorney and/or Legal Executive Assistant/Legal Administrative Assistant regarding transmittal of paper invoices. Submit and track electronic billing as needed.
- Determine -billed expenses and fees that were short-paid or rejected that cannot be recovered
- Revise and resubmit short-paid and rejected invoices in a timely manner and in accordance with client deadlines
- Assist others in preparing and posting pre-bills and bills
- Complete special projects and ad hoc projects and requests from Partners , Chief Financial Officer or Billing Manager.
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience with Elite, 3E a plus
- Several years of law firm billing experience,
- Familiarity with spreadsheets
- Microsoft Excel and Word experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of e-billing vendor software.
EEOC: Cadwalader is an equal opportunity employer. We offer opportunities to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, or status in any group protected by federal, state or local law.Apply