We have an opportunity in our Charlotte office to provide support to our Fund Finance practice. This role will be responsible for coordinating inventory management and client invoicing. The ideal candidate must be high-energy, innovative and be able to thrive in a high-volume law practice. This role requires an understanding of firm and client processes, guidelines and policies, and the need to optimize systems and information.
Core responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Identify solutions and implement best practices in order to manage inventory and meet client billing needs.
- Collaborate with attorneys, legal staff and client billing team, as well as leverage the Firm's billing systems, to optimize the processing of client invoices.
- Regularly review pro-formas and monitor unbilled time and related costs to ensure proper billing and collection of invoices.
- Analyze complex billing data and generate concise custom reports for billing partners.
- Proactively assess inventory and clearly communicate with clients to resolve outstanding invoices.
- Develop a deep understanding of each partner’s practice/clients in order to help prioritize and manage current inventory.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Maintain confidentiality of client and firm data.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college/university, preferably in Economics, Finance or other related fields. Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to clearly articulate with colleagues and clients is critical for this role.
- Strong business analysis skills. Ability to interpret and translate complex data to support informed business decisions is essential.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel. Creating pivot tables and converting raw data into infographics (e.g., tables, bar charts, etc.) will be required on a regular basis.
- Ability to excel in a high-volume, fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
- Capacity to work in a team setting as well as perform independently.
- Relationship Banking experience is a plus.
EEOC: Cadwalader is an equal opportunity employer. We offer opportunities to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, or status in any group protected by federal, state or local law.