Trump Administration Legal Developments
The election of Donald J. Trump as President of the United States, coupled with Republican control of both chambers of Congress, will likely result in significant developments in U.S. financial-related laws and markets. The most sweeping changes will require legislation. President Trump and the Republican-led Congress will also have numerous non-legislative means to reform and reshape financial and economic regulation broadly and within specific industries.
Through our program of memos, webinars, and other thought leadership and analysis, our multi-disciplinary team of experienced attorneys will provide clients with vital insight and practical guidance.
Client Briefings and Practical Insights:
- Change By Appointment (11/18/2016)
- White Collar Crime Law Enforcement in a Trump Justice Dept: 8 Predictions (11/29/2016)
- Tools to Modify Current Tax Guidance (11/30/2016)
- The Future of Health Care (12/6/2016)
- Change By Executive Action and Inaction (12/9/2016)
- Potential Levers of Regulatory Change Affecting the Commodities Markets (12/21/2016)
- Status of the Affordable Care Act Repeal Efforts (1/23/2017)
- Prospects for U.S. Tax Reform Under President Trump (1/27/2017)
- President Trump Issues Executive Actions on Dodd-Frank and the DOL Fiduciary Rule (2/6/2017)
- Will European Privacy in the United States be Trumped? (2/14/2017)
The Cabinet Center for Administrative Transition (CCAT) is Cadwalader's curated repository of pronouncements, policies and proposals for legislative and regulatory changes that reflect the financial services agendas of President Donald Trump, the new administration and Congress. Here you will find the material you need to stay abreast of the legal and regulatory developments that affect you, your company and the U.S. financial markets. Access to the CCAT is free for anyone who requests a password.
CCAT is intended to be a forum that lends expression to the debate over how best to regulate financial markets. We hope that it will provide a vibrant platform on which ideas can clash. We hope it will be a "go-to," one-stop resource for all who want to follow the development of the law that will guide our markets. As always, we will continue to provide legal and policy commentaries as this story unfolds.
Key Contacts for Trump Administration Legal Developments: