Investment Opportunities in Structured Finance
When competition for quality assets is high and value is at a premium, investment and portfolio managers often don't consider structured finance and securitisation as a way of unlocking additional value of existing and future investments.
In this first installment in our Investment Fund Talks series, Cadwalader partners Yushan Ng and Jeremiah Wagner and KKR director Varun Khanna discussed the benefits and opportunities for funds in using structured finance and securitisation both in stressed situations as well as for opportunistic investments, dispelling some of the myths along the way.
Aimed at investment and portfolio managers, as well as in-house lawyers in the investment management industry, the discussion covered the following questions and more:
- What is structured finance and securitisation?
- Why use it?
- When to consider using it?
- Dispelling the myths:
- Why is there a negative perception around securitisation?
- What are the current levels of investor interest?
- Is it too complex and time-consuming?
- Is it too regulated?
- Case studies
- Using securitisation in a stressed situation
- Using securitisation in an opportunistic way