Kurt Oosterhouse represents financial institutions and corporate clients in syndicated senior debt facilities, asset-based lending and leveraged acquisition financing. He has a broad range of experience in a number of fields, including healthcare, middle market, investment grade and real estate investment trusts.
Kurt also counsels clients across a wide spectrum of fund finance lending structures, including subscription credit facilities and fund-level credit enhancement.
Prior to joining Cadwalader, Kurt was a member/partner with Moore & Van Allen. His previous experience also includes advising clients on international commercial transactions in Europe.
Kurt received his J.D. from the University of Minnesota, cum laude, and his B.A. from Hope College, cum laude. He is admitted to practice in North Carolina and Wisconsin.
Recent representative transactions include:
- Representation of the administrative agent in a $1.75 billion financing in connection with the $3 billion merger of Omega Healthcare Investors and AVIV REIT to create a leading publicly-traded pure-play skilled nursing facility REIT.
- Representation of the administrative agent in $1.475 billion subscription-backed revolving credit facilities for multiple affiliates of a leading global investment firm.
- Representation of the administrative agent in a $2.1 billion senior secured multicurrency conversion (USD to Euro to Croatian HRK) acquisition financing in connection with the first-ever tender offer under Croatian law, in connection with the acquisition by a European subsidiary of Barr Pharmaceuticals (now Teva Pharmaceutical Industries) of PLIVA, a partially government-owned Croatian pharmaceutical company.
- Representation of the administrative agent in a $2 billion senior unsecured, multicurrency financing in connection with a portfolio acquisition by Ventas.
- Representation of the administrative agent in a $1.2 billion unsecured credit facility (with a $550 million accordion feature), comprising a $1 billion unsecured revolving credit facility and a $200 million unsecured term loan facility, for Omega Healthcare Investors.
- Representation of the administrative agent, swingline lender and L/C issuer, in a $900 million five-year unsecured revolving credit facility for Health Net, a health care insurance provider.
- Representation of the administrative agent in the refinancing of a $375 million multi-tranche credit facility in connection with AMN Healthcare’s acquisition of Nursefinders.
- Representation of the first- and second-lien administrative agents in an approximately $325 million financing in connection with Blue Wolf Capital Partners’ acquisition of Great Lakes Caring Home Health and Hospice.
- Representation of Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated in connection with a $200 million five-year unsecured revolving credit facility.
- Representation of the administrative agent, sole bookrunner and joint lead arranger in a $68.5 million multi-tranche credit facility in connection with Great Lakes Home Health and Hospice’s acquisition of In-House Hospice.
- Representation of the agents in connection with a senior secured €27 million letter of credit facility, $430 million term loan A and $60 million term loan B facilities to a private equity fund to provide investment and credit support to finance the construction of a German (North Sea) wind-farm.
- Representation of MedCath Corporation, a healthcare provider focused primarily on the diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular disease, in connection with a $200 million senior secured, finco, credit facility.
- Representation of the administrative agents and lenders in numerous credit facilities for private equity funds sponsored by many of the world’s preeminent fund sponsors.