Helen Ward is an associate in the Financial Restructuring Group in Cadwalader's London office.
Helen focuses on debt restructuring and reorganisation including contingency planning, insolvency and options analysis. She has worked with a diverse range of clients including CLO funds and distressed investors, banks, corporates and creditor committees. Helen also has experience in providing direct lending arrangements in the context of special situations.
She graduated from King's College, London and has also spent six months on secondment in Hong Kong. She is admitted to the roll of Solicitors of England and Wales.
Recent experience (to the extent capable of being disclosed) includes:
- Representing distressed investors Oaktree Capital and Marathon Asset Management in connection with the loan-to-own restructuring of Fitness First;
- Acting for the lender/bondholder committee (senior and mezzanine) in the restructuring of the Greek casino business Regency Entertainment S.A.;
- Advising a distressed investor with a significant position in relation to Punch Taverns;
- Acting for Alshaya on its acquisition of La Senza through a pre-packaged administration;
- Acting for the joint co-ordinators in relation to the pre-insolvency debt restructuring negotiations of HMV;
- Advising the lenders in relation to the financing of TDC A/S, a Danish telecommunications company;
- Advising the lenders on the restructuring of two facility agreements originally provided in connection with the acquisition of Battersea Power Station;
- Acting for Ironshield Capital on its acquisition of the Axeon Group through a pre-packaged administration;
- Advising the liquidators of Saad Investments Group Limited;
- Advising distressed investors on a number of other confidential investments.