Annagiulia Zanazzo advises on all aspects of European and Italian competition law, including merger control, cartels, anticompetitive agreements, abuse of dominant position, state aid and regulatory matters. She was previously an associate in the Brussels office of a major Italian law firm, and completed a Blue Book traineeship at the European Commission DG Competition.
Annagiulia graduated with first class honours from the University of Bologna and received an LLM in Competition Law with Merit from King’s College London as part of a dual LLM degree programme. Annagiulia is admitted to the bar in Italy. Her native language is Italian, and she is fluent in English and French.
Annagiulia’s experience includes advising:
- Imerys, a leading supplier of industrial minerals, in the acquisition of S&B Minerals and Rio Tinto’s talc business.
- ENI and Lotte Chemical Corporation on the establishment of a joint venture based in South Korea.
- Fondo Strategico Italiano, a state-owned investment fund, in the acquisition of Ansaldo Energia, Italy’s leader in the production and servicing of thermoelectric power plants.
- Major energy groups (ENI, GDF Suez) in relation to acquisitions in the energy/oil & gas sectors.
- A major energy group on certain gas shipping & supply agreements.
- A multinational consumer goods group and major multinational cosmetics companies on certain commercial practices and agreements.
- An Italian steelmaker in connection with the EU Commission’s Pre-stressing steel cartel case.