Diversity & Inclusion
Our Differences Make Us Stronger
We believe that our continued strength lies in ensuring that we attract, retain, and nurture the very best talent from all backgrounds, and we expect the future complexion of Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP will, with each passing year, more closely reflect the global community that we serve.
Cadwalader has worked diligently to promote an inclusive work environment and, over the years, has developed many initiatives to fit our unique goals and challenges on issues of diversity and inclusion. With the creation of the Cadwalader Center for Diversity & Inclusion (CCDI), a central resource for the firm’s diversity programs, initiatives and policies, we aim to improve upon our successes and follow through on our promise to weave diversity and inclusion principles into the fabric of our culture.
The mission of the CCDI is to enhance gender, racial/ethnic, and LGBT diversity and inclusion within the firm to create an unrivalled environment that attracts, retains and promotes the best and brightest talent available to serve our clients. Governed by the Global Diversity Committee, chaired by Patrick T. Quinn, Managing Partner, the CCDI is a vehicle to support the work we currently perform, to reinforce our dedication to that work, to recognize outstanding effort and to communicate -- to each other and to the clients we serve -- our longstanding commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Diversity Programs and Initiatives
Through the CCDI, the firm offers diversity programs and initiatives designed to manage talent, increase employee engagement, and generate awareness of diversity and inclusion issues. The following programs are in place to advance the firm’s diversity and inclusion mission.
- Affinity Networks
- Firm-wide Diversity & Inclusion Programming
- Diversity Talent Management Initiative
- The Women’s Sponsorship Program
- Pro Bono Diversity Programing
- Diversity Programming with Clients
Cadwalader is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment that welcomes and supports the development and advancement of individuals of all backgrounds. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion contributes to creating a more productive, effective, and dynamic work environment, not only in our offices but throughout our communities.
- American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU)
- Asian American Bar Association of NY (AABANY)
- Asian American Legal Defense & Education Fund (AALDEF)
- Association of the City Bar of New York
- Gay & Lesbian Advocates and Defenders
- Hispanic National Bar Association
- Lambda Legal
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD)
- Mecklenburg County Bar Diversity Initiative
- Metropolitan Black Bar Association
- Minority Corporate Counsel Association (MCCA)
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association (NAPABA)
- National Bar Association
- New York City Bar Office for Diversity & Inclusion
- James Madison High School
- Jefferson Middle School Academy
- Legal Outreach
- Princeton University’s Class of 1956
- Sponsors for Educational Opportunity (SEO)
For more information about our diversity programs, awards, policies, and events, see the Diversity & Inclusion section of the main Cadwalader website.
La Tonya Brooks
Manager of Diversity and Inclusion